HTPC Very Quiet/Silent PSUs

D

dustybin303

Im currently researching very quiet/silent PSUs. The names im looking at include Zalmans, Seasonic, Nexus, Antec, QTechnology. Im looking at a wattage of around 400.

Do any of you guys have any experience of what PSU would suit a HTPC?

arfster

Have alook here:

www.silentpcreview.com

They have reviews for several types, the Seasonic ones are pretty good. Only problem with HTPCs is it's kinda hard to fit large enough fans in - ideally you want 120mm models, as they're so much quieter.

mac_monkey

Ive got the Zalman ZM460-APS 460W ATX2.03 PSU it's the quietest component in my system and gets a thumbs up. (The loudest is my Samsung Spinpoint 300Gb SATA BTW)

pannivas

Novice Member
The zalman mac_monkey suggest it's very quite. But now days I wouldn't personally buy a PSU that it's not modular, especially for my HTPC. With modular PSU you can have less clutter or confising cables in your case which help with your HTPC case airflow.

I personally got an Enermax Liberty 500W today. I will be testing it tommorow probably. It made the Recommended PSU list of www.silentpcreview.com.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom