1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTPC to Toshiba 36ZP38 using VGA to SCART (RGB)

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by FormbyMax, May 16, 2005.

1. FormbyMax

FormbyMax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Having problems connecting my PC to the CRT Toshiba 36ZP38 using a VGA RGB to SCART (RGB) lead. The GPU is a XFX FX5500 card, using 66.93 drivers. When I connect up using S-video to scart, all is well (apart from the picture quality). I purchased i 15pin d-sub to scart (RGsB) lead from keene electronics. When i connect the lead to the SCART RGB on the TV nothing shows on screen. I have tried all the resolutions mentioned on thsi board and others, to no effect. I've also used Powerstrip to try custom resolutions as mentioned.

Can anyone think of anything else I can try?

TIA

Max

2. stlic

stlic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    2 Points,

As far as I am aware the Scart to D-Sub from Keene is one way, Scart --> D-Sub not the other way around.

nVidia cards do not output a composite sync signal so even if the cable were correct it still wouldn't work with your card in it's current state. There is a, far more complicated, cable that you can make which adds composite sync to the signal on the fly.