1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTPC to PD50 480P 576P resolution

Discussion in 'TVs' started by benbtg, Sep 19, 2005.

1. benbtg

benbtg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes.
    I have a media cetre PC connected to a TX-32 PD50 via components inputs using a ATI 9600 and component dongle.
    I am using power strip and am trying to create the highest supported resolution to no avail.
    I can get 640x480 to work OK but not 720x480 which I assume is widescreen version.

Knowing the PD50 supports 576 progessive scan I would rather use that but cannot get any of the custom resolutions with 576 to work.

What resolution and refresh rate is 576P anyway?

Does anyone have a custom powerstrip code for the PD50?

2. 0lly

0lly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    576 is 720 x 576. I can achieve this resolution at 50 or 60hz with my nvidia card using s-video. 720 x 480 or 720 x 576 although are widescreen resolutions will appear streched on a 16:9 TV because your computer thinks it is outputiting to a 4:3 monitor. I am sure Powerstrip can adjust this but I use Zoom player for DVD and avi playback it can adjust the aspect ratio to suit.

I do not use Powerstrip but I have read much about it and it is not just a case of adjusting refresh rate. There are many other settings but I think it should have default settings for your needs.

3. mcbunny

mcbunny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    erm my 10 yearold tosh 21" set can display 720x576 not a problem through composite

4. benbtg

benbtg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes but this is through component which produces a much crisper picture then through composite or svideo. It also accepts progressive scan (i.e. not interlaced) which further enhances the picture.
    I have had no problem using resolutions upto 1024 768 on svideo and composite, but the picture is so blurred (even at 720 576) as to be unusable. Having seen video through component connections I would never go back. Problem is the TV is very picky about the exact resolution and timings used. So far I have only been able to get 640 480 to be work, which although very crisp picture is still quite low res.
    Does anybody with a PD50 have it hooked up to a PC via componets video?