1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTPC software for multiple tuners...

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by wullsy, Oct 25, 2005.

1. wullsy

wullsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I'm just about to start a project to build a htpc with multiple tuners. What I want is this :

2 x freeview tuners
    1 x digital satellite tuner

Ability to use Poor Man's Cam.

I don't mind if the cards are usb, as I believe the pci bus may have difficulty coping with all those cards, but the problem I have is software. Most of the software I've looked at will only support one card at a time (My Theatre, TVEdia, etc), or if it does support more than one card, they need to be of the same type. I see that a reelbox supports all this stuff, so I may have a look at the software they are using, but it's linux, and I'd rather get something in windows if I can.

cheers,

2. Werner

Werner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    http://mediaportal.sourceforge.net

Shoulod do it all for you, although I know they had some problems with softcsa but poor mans cam should still be functioning, multiple tuners ok, open source, ok, runs on windows, ok...

hope this helps

3. wullsy

wullsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    thanks !! looks very interesting. I'm going to give it a bash, and hopefully it'll do everything I want