1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTPC, Sanyo Z3 & Newly Decorated Room

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by pj-uk, Aug 20, 2005.

1. pj-uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I've just finished decorating my living room, have a shuttle HTPC and I'm ready to order the sanyo Z3 but have a few questions to ask:

1. I currently live in a old Georgian house and the ceilings are quite high (around 3.2m) - with this in mind what would the best ceiling mount be (cheap is better ~£100) and can projector/screen angle be compensated for and to what extreme (I know my gfx card has keystone corrections but I'm unsure abouth the PJ)?

2. The living room is approximately 5 x 5m and the projector would be situated about 2-3m away from a screen which will be positioned in one of the corners of the room. Since the projector is going to be a permanant fixture and will replace the TV what would a better screen - a fixed one or a pull down (once again cheap would be good ~£100-200) - For best viewing pleasure what height from the ground does everyone recommend for the screen?

3. My HTPC has both DVI and VGA outputs and from what I've gathered the Z3 has HDMI and VGA inputs - I'll probably need a 6-7m cable but not sure which one for best quality since there are so many on the market.

4. Lastly another cable question - what kind of power cable does the Z3 take?

Sorry about all the questions but I'd like to have everything ready when the PJ arrives :D

2. dewalty

Standard Member

Jan 25, 2005
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Try a Forum search :thumbsup:
    Yes the projector does have keystone adjustment.

I got a ceiling mount made by b tech mount
    Ordered it from CPC, clamp ceiling mount

Comes in at under £50, considering this same mount ive seen for £149 at audiovisononline. Fits the Z3 fine.

What size screen are you thinking of? Have a look here

Forum search

The cloverleaf C5 power connector seems not to come in a rewireable format. You can get a 2m one. Possible solution would be to wire a male IEC connector to a short cloverleaf ended cable. Then get or make a longer 13amp plug to female IEC. These are available from cpc/maplin/rs etc