HTPC remote control and Wireless Keyboard?

Discussion in 'Computer Peripherals & Consumables' started by cowtipper, Sep 6, 2004.

1. cowtipper

cowtipper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you guys have a preference on what remote control and wireless keyboard to use with your HTPC?

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I like the ATI Remote Wonder, not the most popular but it's wireless not IR which for me makes it a lot more useful.

I've ordered a Gyration mouse/keyboard combo after having a play with one, not cheap but very nice and compact and the ability to wave the mouse around in mid-air is kind of amusing. :) .. there are times when a mouse is far more functional than a remote.

3. Gavin Oliver

Gavin Oliver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believe Manhattan do a wireless keyboard with built in Trackball, very reasonably priced for about £25 from Overclock.
    I would be interested in what other members have to say about this item.

Gavin

4. pringtef

pringtef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Bought the Logitech Di Novo suite, and absolutely delighted with it. Great battery life, no lag, and the built in recharger for the mouse is grand.

5. cliocarl

cliocarl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I will double that!

Go to PCWorld, who do this price match of 110% of the difference. As long as its not a special deal, and as long as they have a shop/store which scan computers do! Its by the bolton footy ground. It doesnt say anything about having to be a local store if they quiz you on that!

PCWorld price = £199.99

Scan http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=98342

Price = £143.06 so 110% = £62.62 so

Your price = £137.37 which is a bargain! Its the slickest desktop on the market!

6. darenc1967

darenc1967
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the above post. Picked up a DiNova keyboard set on friday for 137.50 from PcWorld. Thought they might be a bit funny with the price match stuff, but worked out in the end.

I called the customer service line and they confirmed the policy, took a screen shot of the scan site and an RAC route map to show that the store was withing the 10 miles. The sales assitant was insistant that the policy was 30 miles of there store, he went away and checked it out took 10 mins or so and then came back and said no problem do you want to buy it now.

Really thought it was going to be a bit of hassel to do this but it all worked out. Read some horror stories of people trying price match at Pcworld, one gave the printouts to the staff member and they were trown away and he denied all knowledge of speakeing to them.

Any way manay thanks to the above poster.

7. cliocarl

cliocarl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    no problem.

I always price match at my local store in hanley, stoke on trent to scan or overclockers.

Wasnt aware about the 30 mile thing! As I picked up a price match leaflet and it didnt say anything about distance.

Good stuff anyway, its a super piece of kit.

8. darenc1967

darenc1967
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 30 mile bit was the sales assitants attempt to get out of even looking into the pricematch.

When he came back 10 mins later he said I was right,

10 miles of any PCworld Store.

I'll just look evrything up on Scan or Microdirect now, :thumbsup:

What a way to buy at good prices locally.