1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTPC/PJ DVD Playback Problem

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by cj, Jan 8, 2004.

1. cj

cj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    Just got a new HD2 projector, and have been having a play outputting from my PC. The PC has a Radeon 9800 Pro card in it, and is connected to a 18" LCD monitor at 1280x 1024 via the VGA output, and I've also hooked it up to the PJ with a DVI cable as the the second display.

I've managed to download Powerstrip and add a resolution to my settings for the PJ - the specs. say it supports 720p and 1080i and it's happily running at 1080i (1920x1080).

First "problem" - I've tried to add the 720p setting from Powerstrip, and WinXP basically says that the display doesn't support it, and won't allow me to select it.

Second problem - when I start a DVD player (PowerDVD or WinDVD), the movie is fine on display 1 (my desktop), but when I drag the player onto the display 2 (the PJ), the picture is completely cropped.

Lastly, how do I get WinXp to clone my display onto the PJ (rather than extend onto it)?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Colin

2. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Sounds like you haven't unchecked the box "hide resolutions not supported by this monitor" (or words to that effect).

Not exactly sure because I dont use PDVD or WinDVD but it sounds like its just a mismash of the wrong resolution being fed to the display.

Mostly you will want the display that your veiwing as your primary display because the overlay for dvd playback only comes up on the primary (with most versions of the cat drivers). The way to swap dispalys amongst being the primary and secondary with cloning to the second display is in the display properties/settings/advanved/displays and then setup hot keys. A quick search will bring up a more accurate description that I wrote before to do this.