HTPC - Pioneer 1017av Receiver - Sim2 Projector

swordfish666

Novice Member
Hi,

As the title i have an HTPC with ATI Radeon HD3450. it has DVI-I (is that correct) and VGA.

I have VGA to a Samsung T240 Monitor and DVI Straight to a SIM2 Projector.

Now im wanting to do all my Video switching through the Receiver,so i purchased a QED Qunex DVI-HDMI cable which i have connected from DVI on HTPC to the HDMI in on my Pioneer 1017av and a QED silver reference HDMI-HDMI cable which is connected from monitor out on receiver to the Projector.

I cant get a signal!!

Ive tried the DVI-HDMI cable straight to Monitor and Projector and it displays signal fine. Ive also connected a Samsung HDMI dvd player to the Receiver and it switches to the Projector.

So i know the QED DVI-HDMI cable works,the QED HDMI-HDMI cable works,the Receiver will switch an HDMI signal, Just wont from the HTPC.

The HTPC has a gigabyte 780g motherboard with hdmi built in but it stopped working a while back and i never got it working again,hence why i purchased the HD3450.

Now am i missing something,or doing something completely wrong!????

HELP!!! :thumbsup:

Any input greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Andy.

swordfish666

Novice Member
Anyone? :lease:

:suicide:

MikeK

Novice Member
Does the HTPC detect anything when you connect the amp to the DVI port (with the SIM2 connected to the amp and powered on)?

Blu4KHD

When you purchased the 3450 did you not get the DVI-HDMI dongle adaptor with it as i know this is required for the 5.1 audio to work from the ATI card as a normal DVI-HDMI cable has pins missing.

Although even with that cable you should still be able to get a video signal if not any audio, I think i would try a normal full DVI-DVI cable first with the offical ATI dongle just to rule the cabling out.

swordfish666

Novice Member
Does the HTPC detect anything when you connect the amp to the DVI port (with the SIM2 connected to the amp and powered on)?
Nothing from my HTPC but if i connect an hdmi dvd player to my Receiver,i can switch to that and get a signal on my projector.

When you purchased the 3450 did you not get the DVI-HDMI dongle adaptor with it as i know this is required for the 5.1 audio to work from the ATI card as a normal DVI-HDMI cable has pins missing.

Although even with that cable you should still be able to get a video signal if not any audio, I think i would try a normal full DVI-DVI cable first with the offical ATI dongle just to rule the cabling out.
I didnt get a dongle with it. I run my sound through optical out though so thats not a problem.

the QED DVI-HDMI cable works fine,as i can connect it from back of HTPC straight to source,both Projector and monitors HDMI in's and its fine.

Is their a difference between both signals,what i mean is...does the Receiver still see the signal from the HTPC as DVI and not HDMI. I dont know,its making no sense to me.

I cant see why this method shouldnt work!!???????

Blu4KHD

Nothing from my HTPC but if i connect an hdmi dvd player to my Receiver,i can switch to that and get a signal on my projector.

I didnt get a dongle with it. I run my sound through optical out though so thats not a problem.

the QED DVI-HDMI cable works fine,as i can connect it from back of HTPC straight to source,both Projector and monitors HDMI in's and its fine.

Is their a difference between both signals,what i mean is...does the Receiver still see the signal from the HTPC as DVI and not HDMI. I dont know,its making no sense to me.

I cant see why this method shouldnt work!!???????
That last part may be the answer, when i tried to set up a friends ATI 2600XT with his sony 820 amp i took along a normal DVI-DVI cable and my Monster DVI-HDMI dongle and guess what the sony gave no picture or sound due to the Monster dongle connector.

Now as soon as i swapped the Monster one for my official ATI dongle we had picture and sound, Looks like that could be the problem

swordfish666

Novice Member
Ok Thanks mate. ill source an ATI dongle and give it a try. ill let you know. :smashin:

swordfish666

Novice Member
Well ive purchased an official ATI dongle from ebay last night, £11.99.

BUT.....

This morning i was going through a box of old leads ive got,various pc and av interconnects,and found a DVI-HDMI dongle. (which i now remember purchasing from Maplins about a year ago).

Well as you can imagine,i thought ill just give it a go,it wont work....well it does. No sound through it,but that wasnt what i was after.

So ive got a QED DVI-HDMI lead with no use. And an ATI dongle soon to be in the post with no use.

:suicide:

:laugh:

Oh well all sorted,thanks for any help.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom