HTPC - Pioneer 1017av Receiver - Sim2 Projector

Discussion in 'Home Entertainment Computers' started by swordfish666, Feb 6, 2009.

1. swordfish666

swordfish666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi,

As the title i have an HTPC with ATI Radeon HD3450. it has DVI-I (is that correct) and VGA.

I have VGA to a Samsung T240 Monitor and DVI Straight to a SIM2 Projector.

Now im wanting to do all my Video switching through the Receiver,so i purchased a QED Qunex DVI-HDMI cable which i have connected from DVI on HTPC to the HDMI in on my Pioneer 1017av and a QED silver reference HDMI-HDMI cable which is connected from monitor out on receiver to the Projector.

I cant get a signal!!

Ive tried the DVI-HDMI cable straight to Monitor and Projector and it displays signal fine. Ive also connected a Samsung HDMI dvd player to the Receiver and it switches to the Projector.

So i know the QED DVI-HDMI cable works,the QED HDMI-HDMI cable works,the Receiver will switch an HDMI signal, Just wont from the HTPC.

The HTPC has a gigabyte 780g motherboard with hdmi built in but it stopped working a while back and i never got it working again,hence why i purchased the HD3450.

Now am i missing something,or doing something completely wrong!????

HELP!!! :thumbsup:

Any input greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Andy.

2. swordfish666

swordfish666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Anyone? :lease:

:suicide:

3. MikeK

MikeK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +316
    Does the HTPC detect anything when you connect the amp to the DVI port (with the SIM2 connected to the amp and powered on)?

4. Blu4KHD

Blu4KHD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +427
    When you purchased the 3450 did you not get the DVI-HDMI dongle adaptor with it as i know this is required for the 5.1 audio to work from the ATI card as a normal DVI-HDMI cable has pins missing.

Although even with that cable you should still be able to get a video signal if not any audio, I think i would try a normal full DVI-DVI cable first with the offical ATI dongle just to rule the cabling out.

5. swordfish666

swordfish666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Nothing from my HTPC but if i connect an hdmi dvd player to my Receiver,i can switch to that and get a signal on my projector.

I didnt get a dongle with it. I run my sound through optical out though so thats not a problem.

the QED DVI-HDMI cable works fine,as i can connect it from back of HTPC straight to source,both Projector and monitors HDMI in's and its fine.

Is their a difference between both signals,what i mean is...does the Receiver still see the signal from the HTPC as DVI and not HDMI. I dont know,its making no sense to me.

I cant see why this method shouldnt work!!???????

6. Blu4KHD

Blu4KHD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +427
    That last part may be the answer, when i tried to set up a friends ATI 2600XT with his sony 820 amp i took along a normal DVI-DVI cable and my Monster DVI-HDMI dongle and guess what the sony gave no picture or sound due to the Monster dongle connector.

Now as soon as i swapped the Monster one for my official ATI dongle we had picture and sound, Looks like that could be the problem

7. swordfish666

swordfish666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Ok Thanks mate. ill source an ATI dongle and give it a try. ill let you know. :smashin:

8. swordfish666

swordfish666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Well ive purchased an official ATI dongle from ebay last night, £11.99.

BUT.....

This morning i was going through a box of old leads ive got,various pc and av interconnects,and found a DVI-HDMI dongle. (which i now remember purchasing from Maplins about a year ago).

Well as you can imagine,i thought ill just give it a go,it wont work....well it does. No sound through it,but that wasnt what i was after.

So ive got a QED DVI-HDMI lead with no use. And an ATI dongle soon to be in the post with no use.

:suicide:

:laugh:

Oh well all sorted,thanks for any help.

9. Blu4KHD

Blu4KHD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +427
    Just as a last resort have you installed the Realtek HDMI audio driver which can be found HERE