1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

htpc or dvd with dvi???

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by pacemaker, Sep 3, 2003.

1. pacemaker

pacemaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
  2. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    Just because its all digital doesn't make it good. It could still be artifact ridden, general bad PQ, have stutter, tearing... Then again it might be great. :)

3. tbrar

tbrar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My interest like you is just to watch movies in the best manner possible on my set up. Ive not tried the Samsung, indeed owned a projector.

Though have owned the Momitsu V880 DVI out (now sold) and demo'd lots of HTPC's config's on my Pioneer 433MXE plasma panel in a quest for a source/processor that best fits my requirments.

To me the HTPC is quite some distance ahead in terms of PQ, also in flexibility of picture cotrol/input settings (size, position, aspect ratio). As a bonus the sound was at least equal to that of my Arcam 88+(now sold). Consequently I have chosen the HTPC route (but this is with a plasma panel that is particularly fussy about refresh rates at native input).

Have you looked at www.avsforum.com?, under the DVD forum there are number of posts on the Samsung.