1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

htpc novice

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by terryc, Aug 9, 2001.

1. terryc

terryc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi<br />I have seen numerous articles recently regarding progressive scan quality video thru htpc's and am keen to learn more about the subject.What is the reference to 'gordons event'?

terryc

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    Hi,

If you do a search on the PROJECTOR forum for posts by me with the keyword "event" you should find plenty about it.

All the best,

Gordon

3. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,402
    Home Cinema Choice magazine did an excellent introductory piece on HCPC (home cinema PCs - home theater is an American thing) in the August issue.<br />You can buy it delivered for £3.25 at<br /><a href="https://www.wvip.co.uk/wvipforms/magazine_orders.shtml" target="_blank">https://www.wvip.co.uk/wvipforms/magazine_orders.shtml</a>

4. terryc

terryc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply Gordon;the only thing is i can't find the PROJECTOR forum!DAH!

I saw the article on htpc's in HCC and this certainly whetted the apetite.Unfortunatley,what one requires is firm recommendations for hardware etc just like we use the magazines for recommendations for other home theatre gear.

cheers.

5. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    Hi Terry,

If you look under this post you'll see a drop down window that says "hop to". Drop down the menu and highlight "video projectors". Then go to that forum.

Alternatively just click on "search" in red at top of this page adn search all the forums.

Gordon