HTPC Motherboard & Processor Help ?

IanPrice

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am just about to start my HTPC build and i am after some ideas on motherboards and CPU please.

I would prefer Intel and i do like Gigabyte boards, I want the usual HDMI, DVI, toslink, HD for blu Ray, HD Audio usual stuff. has anyone got any suggestions on a board that fits these requirements and a processor to fit it please ?

Cheers

Hi Ian,

Check out the sticky thread at the top of the forum, thats a good place to start.. Also, if you read back a few pages there are quite a few build threads that you might want to have a read over..

Bazz

Hi

Right i have had a good read of the Sticky at the top on the build requirments etc, not quite sure what is going on with Intel Gigabyte motherboards at the moment as you cannot seem to get them anyway i found this one on Ebuyer

Gigabyte GA-EG41MF-US2H G41 HDMI DVI VGA High Def Audio Out MATX Motherboard

Is this any good and will this be substantial for a HTPC

Cheers

cant see any reviews on that board mate, but I have an AMD 780G version for sale ;)

Hi,

Also what would be the best processor to go with this motherboard if you can advise pelase

Which board? The one I am selling or the board you are looking at? Are you set on an intel board?

Hello yeah i want the Intel board matey really shame that is !!! But i have not got a clue if this is up to scratch for what i want it for in my HTPC and what processor to partner with it either

I'm not up to speed with the latest intel processors. If you have a look at the sticky, you could ask one of the intel htpc builders on there, they should know.

I'm not up to speed with the latest intel processors. If you have a look at the sticky, you could ask one of the intel htpc builders on there, they should know.

If it is just HTPC use then you shouldn't need a killer CPU, one of the E series cores should suffice and the lower wattage will produce less heat so hopefully quieter cooling. That is my thinking at any rate.

Last edited:
Hi Guys

After much mooching around on the interent i have potentially found a MB, CPU and RAM, I just wanted to get it checked before i ordered it

Mother board - Gigabyte GA-P43-ES3G 775 £49.95
CPU - Intel Core Duo E7500 £76.95
RAM - 4GB DDR2 800 (2 x 2GB) £41.95

I have not ordered these yet and wanted to check it before hand before i did, any thoughts on thsi combination ?

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom