1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTPC image on projector not right

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by jtorry, Jan 11, 2003.

1. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    When projecting an image from my radeon 9000 using my new sanyo plv-z1 the the top of the image is narrower than the bottom like a trapezium but not by much. I can see that the projector is outputing a perfect rectangle as I can see the excess light where the pc image should be. Is there anything I can do to change this. I am running Win 98 if it matters. Also any tips on what setting to use in powerstrip would be apreciated.

2. rob_w

rob_w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    use your keystone setting to make it square......

Rob

post the spec of your pj and people will be able to help with powerstrip...

3. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    looking at it again it appears that the image is actually correct but there is an outer edge that has the trapezium problem and not the image from the pc.

native res is 964x544

4. rob_w

rob_w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think that is "overbleed" where your panel edges are being lit aswell as your actual image - the best thing to lose this is probably a black velvet border around your screen.

hth

Rob

thats a weird native panel - try to make a custom res. that size in power strip and run your dvd's in full screen for the 16/9 ratio

try 60Hz aswell as the usual 75 for pal, 72 for ntsc. my old dlp was best at 60........