1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTPC,HT300 Link,and Powerstrip settings

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bbutler, Dec 24, 2004.

1. bbutler

bbutler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm just setting up my HPTC, and was wondering what people's experiences have been. I currently trying ATI x700 card, but I'm considering of changing to the GX6800. Any recommendations?

However, my main questions is what is the best resolution to set my PC video output? I've seen some similar posts regarding the domino, but I'm not sure if those settings are applicatable to the HT300. I

Thanks in advance

Brian

2. AD Roser

AD Roser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi Brian,

The HT300 Series has a native resolution of 1280 x 720, therefore you should set your PC output to that resolution. The display mode of the projector should then be set to "pixel to pixel" Refresh rate is usually set to 60hz but you can experiment ith 72hz for NTSC based material and 75hz for Pal. The result often depend on the hardware capabilities.

Have Fun!

Regards

Alan Roser
    Managing Director
    SIM2 UK Ltd

3. cameronl

cameronl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    hi there Alan, do you have any idea how to set it to 75hz for PAL? Even when i set my DMF at 75hz with Catalyst/Powerstrip it still stays at 60hz. The sim2 seems to only change its refresh rate depending on the resolution. Is this correct?

thanks

CaM