1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTPC help!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by 9761, Aug 17, 2005.

1. 9761

Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

HTPC is working yay!

I have one problem.

Im connected it to my Proggressive scan TV (Toshiba 32ZP48P) via component from the HDTV dongle that came with the graphics card (gigabyte 6600 256mb passive). But when I set up the screen resolution to 576p I am missing part of the screen and all of the task bar. Ive tried 576i, 480p, 480i, etc with no use.

I want it to look like a normal desktop all planned out on the screen any ideas?

6600 256mb graphics card with 77.72 drrivers

2. rdhir

rdhir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    This may be overscan. TVs normally don't show the bottom and top few lines of a TV picture, because broadcast is designed to live in a safe area. (obscure fact pal 576 lines is in fact 574 lines with two half lines. To check this take a look at a good monitor with no overscan and you will see the picture starts half way along the screen and ends half way along the bottom). In fact these undisplayed lines are what contained teletext.

OK So with a computer screen this is bad. So with nVidia, you will see if you go to the full graphics properties there is a tab for Monitor and a button there for settings with facility to adjust your display by moving it up and down and shrink the vertical size, you can try fiddling there and see if that fixes it. Otherwise you can try and see if there are controls on your TV but its not very likely, though if you can't see the task bar that seems quite bad, usually it just clips a bit of the taskbar.

3. 9761

Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Ok,

With I get a good picture with 480i and 576i now but when I put 480p or 576p it gets inlarged, overlay (whatever its called :confused: ). My TV accepts proggressive scan. Thanks