• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HTPC/Gaming TV

PeterHMR

Standard Member
Looking for a really good TV to hook up to my HTPC for

HD TV
3D Blueray
Gaming

Looking at the platforms and Plasma seems to be the best I've narrowed it down to either at VT50 or a ST50. Basically the older and newer model. I'm looking for some advice firstly is there anything else I should be considering. Plasma seems to be the best with Panasonic being the best manufacturer. I'm not looking for gadgets just pure video performance. Secondly is the VT50 worth the extra money over the ST50.

vickster

Distinguished Member
VT50 and ST50 are the same age - VT50 is flagship, ST50 is two down. There is also the GT50 in between which is a good price from John Lewis and others

Have a look at the reviews in the review section - VT50 is a reference TV and fantastic for films

There is lots of positive feedback on samsung plasmas for gaming but the 2012 models are all but sold out, with the 2013s coming into the shops currently

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom