For Sale HTPC/ Gaming PC – Very High Spec, Very Unique, Super Quiet!

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by chum_2000_uk, Oct 1, 2016.

1. chum_2000_uk

chum_2000_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    The time has come to sell my HTPC. Initially building this a number of years ago, then upgrading it fairly recently was a real labour of love. I’ve sunk a huge amount of hours and money getting this unique PC to the point it is now. Very little expense was spared when building this system.

Here are the main specs:

- Zalman HD160XT Plus Chassis, brushed black aluminium (very expensive!)

- Intel i5-3570k 3.4 GHz Quad Core Processor

- 8GB Kingston 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM

- MSI Nvidia GTX660 Twin Frozr III 2GB DDR5 Gfx Card

- Asus P8Z77-V Wi-Fi Motherboard

- 500GB Samsung Spinpoint HDD

- LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Reader/ Writer

- Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 Slim Soundcard (HDMI passthrough for DTS-HD-MA and TrueHD lossless surround sound formats)

- Corsair HX-520W Modular PSU

- Noctua Case Fans (very quiet)

- Noctua NH-L12 Low Profile CPU Cooler

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Every component for this HTPC build has been painstakingly selected based on performance Vs. quietness - resulting in probably one of the quietest performance HTPC’s you could find. The noisiest thing currently is the HDD. If I was keeping the system I’d definitely swap this out for an SSD, which would not only speed up the system, but also run silently.

The system is currently capable of running most games on high, or very high settings. I’ve happily played Bioshock Infinite, GTA V, Skyrim, Far Cry 4 etc, with settings much higher than you’d see onXbox One or PS4, getting superb framerates at 1080p. With that in mind, it’s also more than capable of playing Blu-Ray movies in Full HD.

I’ve not got a 3D or 4k TV, so haven’t looked into whether thegraphics card supports these standards, but I’d imagine there is a strong possibility it would.

The 7” screen on the front of the case is what makes this HTPC really stand out and. It is actually a touch-screen, but unfortunately I’ve not had any luck getting this to work withWindows 7. Regardless, it is still a really cool feature, and can be used to display whatever you like on there. I tend to use it for temperature and fan speed readouts via “Fan Expert 2” software, which allows you to electronically control all the individual fans in the chassis! This is not only very cool, but also extremely useful when you want to crank the fans up when playing a game. Alternatively, you could put the box art of the Blu-ray you’re playing on there, or a large clock/ weather display – whatever you can think of really!

The Asus motherboard compliments the HTPC ethos superbly. Along with the fan controller software I’ve already mentioned, inbuilt Wi-Fi allows simple Internet connectivity. 4x rear USB 3.0 ports means super fast data transfer, along with 2x front and 2x rear USB 2.0 ports. It also has loads of other awesome Asus software and features available, such as wireless streaming andAndroid apps etc – I’ve not used the half of it really! If any of that interests you, then have a look on their website for available software for this motherboard.

I’ll provide links for some of the components for more info and specs:

Case:
    HD160XT-PLUS-BLACK HD160XT Plus - Black (Zalman HD160 XT Plus Chassis (Black))

Motherboard:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007KZQEGC/ref=pe_217191_31005151_M3_dp_1

Processor:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007RUZKK6/ref=pe_217191_31005151_M3_dp_1

Graphics Card:
    MSI UK - Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Mainboard, Graphics and more

I’ll also throw in this HTPC keyboard/ mouse as a bonus!!!
    Logitech diNovo Mini Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard PS3 compatible Retail(920-000586) buy at PCUpgrade.co.uk

Everything is working 100% as it should, and I’ve managed to keep the case in superb condition. There are just a couple of tiny knicks on the top of the case, but these are so small they are basically not noticeable.

I have just done a HDD wipe and fresh Windows 7 install. I then added all the relevant drivers etc to get the system up and running with bare minimum installed – ready for you to do as you please. I took the liberty of installing VLC media player, and installing my copy of SlySoft AnyDVD HD – a great bit of software that I’ve found absolutely invaluable to play Blu-Rays on PC.

I’m not sure exactly how much this system has cost me in it’s current guise, but when you start looking at individual component prices, and in particular the case, it’s obviously well over the £1k mark – probably more like £1500 or so.

Therefore, I’m expecting a reasonable amount back for this HTPC. I’d like offers around the £800 mark, which when you consider everything you are getting, is very good value for money.

This will make a superb Christmas present, for someone who loves his or her gadgets!

Any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!

REDUCED TO £600

Collection preferred, but if need be I can send via courier at buyer’s expense. However, in this case, buyer assumes all responsibility – I’m really not sure how well this built system will travel through the post if it gets rattled about, so can’t recommend this option.

Measurements:

H: 17cm W: 44cm D: 46cm (plus a few extra cm’s for cables sticking out the back)

Price and currency: £600
    Delivery: Delivery cost is not included
    Payment method: bank transfer
    Advertised elsewhere?: Advertised elsewhere
    Prefer goods collected?: I prefer the goods to be collected

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  2. chum_2000_uk

chum_2000_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    bump - open to sensible offers on this

3. htslough

htslough

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi, I can offer £500 cash on collection?

4. chum_2000_uk

chum_2000_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Hi there, thanks for the offer, but it's considerably lower than I was thinking... Umm... Could let it go for £600 collected?

5. chum_2000_uk

chum_2000_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
  6. chum_2000_uk

chum_2000_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
  7. chum_2000_uk

chum_2000_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
  8. Julskie

Julskie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I would be very interested in the case should you decide to split

9. chum_2000_uk

chum_2000_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    bump - reduced to £600

10. Hank_Marvin

Hank_Marvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Would be interested in the motherboard if you split.

Cheers