1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTPC gaming on a low res plasmas?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by mbede, Apr 16, 2005.

1. mbede

mbede
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all!
    Got a question. Have a Panny 42PA30, low res. Managed to override the internal scaling by using Powerstrip.
    What will happen if I want to play a game that does not support widescreen format (e.g. Call of duty?) I will have to run it in lets say, 1024x768, and than the plasma will have to rescale the picture, is it correct?
    How will it look in the games since the Win XP desktrop (lots of text) looks pretty crappy?

2. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How have you connected your plasma?

As if its DVI or VGA then windows desktop (text/surfing etc) should looke pretty sharp, it is for me

The native res looks very sharp but most people find it un useable, i use 1280x720 on my PWD6 and again looks really sharp, i can read text documents, surf the web with no problems atall, and games and DVDs look fantastic

3. mbede

mbede
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you tell a difference in sharpness between 1280x720, and when you feed it with 852x480?

4. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +398
    Just for info - I have a PW7 connected to my HTPC via DVI and find 1024 x 576 to be the best resoluton @ 60 hertz, which is also a resolution available within HL2.

lisa
    :)