1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

htpc for gaming consoles!

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by godisi, Jul 3, 2004.

1. godisi

godisi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey people, im going to be building my htpc for playing of my dvd's, but also want it to be the base for connecting of consoles and such, i have an xbox, gamecube, and ps/2 i want connected to the htpc( not all at the same time), whats the best card to get best p/q out of these systems and with what program. Ill be connecting the pc to my projector via dvi, so the htpc will need to have a card supporting component in, ive heard sweetspot is good for this type of job???

2. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Depending on your AV reciever the simplest solution would be to let your AV Amp to the component switching between the various games consoles with the Amps' component out into a Sweetspot or alternative Component card. I've no eperince of Compenet Cards so can't recommend one.

Personally I find the cheap TV100 S-Video in processed with DScaler to be an adequate solution when a friend brings over his X-Box.

Mark.