• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HTPC first build please check specs

If only

Standard Member
I’m not a frequent poster on this forum as my knowledge is way beyond the vast majority of members on this site, however I am a regular visitor and try to learn from you guys, so for the past month or so I’ve been researching existing threads for my build, I have sky hd and will probably be you sing w7. Mainly it will be used for storing music, movies, photos and hopefully streaming hd movies, in the future would like to connect sky to the htpc but that seems a bit complicated and expensive at the moment, so that’s one for the future. Any help with this would be appreciated thanks Kevin. (I know the phenom ll X4 940 looks a bit over the top but im just trying to future proof)

Silverstone LASCALA LC17
Corsair 450W HX series modular psu
Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H
AMD phenom ll X4 940
Corsair 4gb (2x2gb) Ddr3 13333mhz xms3 memory kit
Samsung spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB hard Drive SATA11 *32 mb cache*- oem
Liteon iH0S104 blue- ray reader DVD- rom serial ATA internal

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom