1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Htpc (dvi) -> Tw-100

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by cwinson, Apr 8, 2003.

1. cwinson

cwinson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I finally got the time to wire up my new HTPC to my TW-100 PJ last night.:clap:

I am using a Sapphire Radeon 9000 graphics card with DVI out, with Powerstrip settings for 1280x720.

The 'About' menu on the PJ said it was receving a 1280x720 Digital RGB (DVI) image at frequency 60.4, which is what I was expecting. The image results, however were not as expected.

My understanding was that in 'THROUGH' mode, a 1280x720 digital input would be fed to the LCD panel without any scaling in the projector. This PC desktop image I have, however does show signs of scaling - some characters look thicker than others. It's very close, but not quite right.

Has anyone else set up their TW-100 in the same way ? Did you see the same results. ?

Am I expecing too much ?

I am v. keen to negate any scaling in the PJ before I go ahead and set up the HTPC as a scaler itself.

Chris

2. jwtseng

jwtseng

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cwinson:

See the thread that I started over at AVS Forums HERE.

I had the same problem that you describe when I first got my HTPC. I set it to display 1280 x 720 and it filled the screen and I thought, "Great!". But as I examined closer, I noticed blurry text repeated in a regular vertical pattern across the whole screen. Using some test patterns, I realized that I was not getting 1:1 pixel mapping and the pj was still scaling.

Through a little research and powerstrip I think I have found true 1:1 pixel mapping. I have detailed this in my thread over at AVS. Please try it out and let me know what you think. Thanks.

3. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Good luck with this project.

I have to admit that I gave up using a HTPC with my TW100. Just could not get everthing to gell together.

4. cwinson

cwinson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies guys, I thought this was had missed the mark

jwtseng - are you using a DVI (digital) or a VGA connection ?

I have tried applying some of the recommended powerstrip settings, but have been unable to get them all set correctly. I think these might be the analogue VGA settings though.

Will try the other settings from AVS and report back

Cheers,

Chris

5. jwtseng

jwtseng

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Chris:

I am using VGA (Input B). I would have liked to use DVI, but I have MyHD on a loopback cable and it only supports VGA right now.

Anyways, if you examine the older thread where MorpheusSzeto talks about the successful VGA settings, he also mentions that the same settings worked for DVI. Give it a try and let us know what happens.