1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

htPC control of Tag AV32R USB-UIRT+Girder only option?

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Rob.Screene, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Rob.Screene

Rob.Screene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +134
    Gents,

Q: How easy is it to control the AV32R 192bp7.1EX from a pc using a wired connection, say rs232 or tag bus?

This is to allow full colour touchscreen control using xlobby, Ref: http://www.xlobby.com

Background:
    Last night I tried learning the remote signals for my AV32R 192bp7.1EX and Futronix lighting with a USB-UIRT connected to the HTPC running Girder and to my surprise, it worked. Ref: http://www.usbuirt.com

I had previously tried an older serial UIRT2 and it wouldn't manage to learn it. I merely tried this because I've only two rs232 serial ports on my new htpc.

Here's the Girder group with USB-UIRT commands programmed for discrete on, off, specific surround modes, etc. I got many of the discrete codes from Pronto ccf files and playes around with the IR hex to find a few others.
    If anyone wants it, drop me a line.

I control a Barco projector by RS232 and would prefer a wired solution to the Tag if possible.

thanks and regards,
    Rob.

2. cskates

cskates
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If just the black connector of the Tag bus cable is connected you can control the AV32R (and anything else attached to the Tag bus) through your serial port. The AV32R-DP has a number of simple RS232 commands which will allow full control and feedback. The non-DP AV32R must be controlled using the TagTronic bus protocol which is trickier, but possible.

If you're a programmer, the bus protocol is covered in a couple of PDF files which were available from the old Tag site, the IAG helpdesk probably has a copy of them as well.
    A number of people on this board have written programs to interface with the Tag bus, possibly someone has a Girder plugin already. I've written a Java interface to the Tag bus but it's a permanent work in progress and not able to work with Girder.