HTPC case and 8800gtx

charly13

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi can you suggest me one htpc case that can fit the 8800gtx?

thanx

Now that is an open statement if I ever heard one.
So we know the model of the card "8800gtx", but which one even a picture helps, but the BIG question is what size Motherboard are you using, ATX or mATX.

The card is BFG 8800GTX and the size is 27cm(i know is enormous..).The Mb i want to use is asus p5ql-e t think is standard atx.

The problem i have is i cannot find a suitable htpc case.

Maybe the antec fusion remote max is a very good choice but here were i leave i cant find it .Any other suggestions?

Thanx

P.s The antec fusion remote max would fit the card without any modifications?SLI possible?

Last edited:
I can't help you with your case selection, but do you have a specific reason you want to use this card??

I've had one myself and they're one hell of a card in both size and performance :eek:

However If you don't want to game etc I think this card is pure overkill for a HTPC.
They also tend to get very hot (around 70deg celcius if I remember correctly) which means it'll heat up your case and make all fans spin faster to cool it down --> NOISE!!!

The reason is that i have that card and i dont want to buy another one.The performance of this card is very good and i am willing to use the htpc for little gaming .

The reason is that i have that card and i dont want to buy another one.The performance of this card is very good and i am willing to use the htpc for little gaming .

That's what I was thinking :)

I think you should sell this card, with the money you get from it you can buy a card which is smaller and has less heat problems but you will still be able to play most games.

Like I said this is an awesome card but I wouldn't want it in my HTPC (even if I had the space)

I think that the antec fusion remote max is the case i want (thanks HSC:)).
Do you know any online shop that sells it and ships to E.U?

I think that the antec fusion remote max is the case i want (thanks HSC:)).
Do you know any online shop that sells it and ships to E.U?

I think i got mine on Ebay. It just fits my 260GTX which is also 27cm. If the power leads had been on the end of the card I would have had to remove the plate for the additional drive bays but it would have been a goer. It's really good but is a very big case.

I think i got mine on Ebay. It just fits my 260GTX which is also 27cm. If the power leads had been on the end of the card I would have had to remove the plate for the additional drive bays but it would have been a goer. It's really good but is a very big case.

Do you have any link from the store or it was a user?
How much it cost you?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom