1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTPC and Pioneer 433MXE

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by philipb, May 22, 2003.

1. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    Anyone out there with a HTPC hooked up to the Pio 433 (via DVI preferably)?

If so what resolution settings do you use? In particular custom settings in Powerstrip? And if you use Thetertek for DVD playback, what settings for that?

At the moment i have the resolution at 1280x768 and PQ from a Nebula TV card is top notch. DVD playback via TT is also superb, but maybe it could be better?

Grateful for any advice.

2. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,498
    Well, I'm using the native resolution of the panel i.e. 1024 x 768, won't any other resolution cause the panel to scale it down to 1024 x 768 anyway (best avoiding the internal scaler surely). I don't use Powerstrip, I don't see why I need to with it being a standard resolution, perhaps I'm not understanding the benefits of Powerstrip there? I use Zoom player with Sonic video filter and WinDVD4 audio filter and ffdshow. I recommend you try ffdshow as it has definitely improved the PQ for me.

Cheers,
    Andy.

3. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    Thanks for that. Been wondering about ffdshow - I'll give it a go.