HTM MX500 and Onkyo

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by fyonn, Oct 6, 2005.

1. fyonn

fyonn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Hello All,

I've got a Home Theatre Master MX500 Remote Control which I've had for years and it's been great. I recently bought an Onkyo DS-TX989 Amp which is a fine enough amplifier but my MX500 just won't learn the commands.

I tell it to learn something like volume and send a volume command from the onkyo remote, the MX500 says "GOOD" as though it has picked something up, but when I try it, it just doesn't change the volume on the amp.

I've even tried the pre-defined codes, many of them can turn it on, but none of them have working controls for anything else.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to why it's not happy, and silly as it might seem, I might sell the Amp to get something I can control with my universal remote. I've got used to only having one remote hanging around and I don't want to carry around 2 now.

any idea's?

cheers
    dave

2. fyonn

fyonn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    I know that no-one responded, but I'll post my solution just incase anyone in the future has a similar problem and is looking to solve.

I actually feel a little silly, the problem turned out to be an old volume punch-through from my old processor that was overriding the volume learning. d'oh!

at least the problem has been solved.

dave