HTK-315 or Yamaha

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by bungitdin, Dec 28, 2000.

Tags:
  1. bungitdin

bungitdin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have approx. £400 to spend in the Jan sales. I want a dd5.1/dts amp and speaker set-up (5 + sub). So far I have looked at the Sony HTK 315 set-up with the stde545 amp and intro pascal speakers. Another option is a set-up from Hi-Spek of a Yamaha rxv596RDS amp and yamaha nsp300 speakers for £399.

Can anyone advise on the best option. It is intended for a living room so power output is not the first priority.

2. Colonial Marine

Colonial Marine
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From a second hand source I heard the Yamaha performs very well and is great value for money.

The Sony Pascal's have recived a bit of a battering lately in this forum, but I cant comment personally cos Ive never heard them. I suggest you search for them on this forum & hear what the members have said in the past.

------------------
    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.....it's the only way to be sure.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go with the Yamaha setup... The Sony's are terrible! As What Hifi Put it "If You Care About Sound Quality - Don't Get These Speakers" and gave it 1 Star out of five.

The Yamamha, on the other hand is an award winning amp, I have the 795a which I managed to get for £299 and I think its a brilliant amp!

Can't comment on the speakers, but they are bound to be better than the Sonys!

Regards
    Patrick