1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Htddw750

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by planetf1, Sep 23, 2003.

1. planetf1

planetf1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The recent Home Cinema review seems to give the HT-DDW750 a solid thumbs up

I was concerned music could be a bit weak with the single drive full range satellites - although currently I have a 20yr old midi system so I'm sure it would be better than that!

A friend of a friend seems to also have a similar setup and is VERY pleased with the Sony

Do people here think it's a good piece of kit? Do I need to spend more - perhaps the SAV525 and the 495 - but then you're talking say 350+ instead of 250 for the HTDDW750..

2. planetf1

planetf1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, a little more research, and the DAV-SC5 (at around 320 UKP) is actually quite similar, but
    - integrated DVD (I don't need)
    - plays SACD (don't have)
    - is smaller
    - Smaster (?) is it better
    - but only 1 digital input (Sky+ for me?)
    - 2 more audio in (TV+VHS?)

It looks newer/better spec, but I can't find specs (other than 90W, which is close to 100W) for example the quality /range of the speakers.

Anyone suggest which of these is better!

3. Ebay-Junkie

Ebay-Junkie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought the Sony HTP 3100 which is actually a HT-DDW750 as well as a DVD player. The sound is excellent but am still a little confused as to the best setup. Connect DVD via composite phono plugs or direct to TV and just connect Digital or Optical to receiver?

I did some research prior to buying and there was an earlier post on here from Hawk?? someone and recommended either the unit you refer to or the one I got. I paid £309 from Empire Direct and am very happy with it, also it is 500 watts!