HTC Wildfire - issues sending & receiving MMS pictures

cupcakejoo

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I have an HTC Wildfire - bought on O2 pay&go, but has my contract sim card in it. I managed to set up the internet no problems on the 'phone, but I can't seem to set up picture messaging - to send and receive. O2 have said its because its a handset they don't sell, they don't support it and therefore don't have proper settings for it (they do the Wildfire S).

They've tried setting for the Wildfire S and the Desire but it doesn't work.

Does anyone have any ideas??? Its not the end of the world but its rather bl00dy annoying to be honest!!! and its the ONLY thing I hate about the 'phone - its really starting to make me get annoyed with it. When I'm in wifi it doesn't matter because I can send pics via email, but when I'm out and about, I want to be able to send an MMS.

When I was other networks they had a support area on their website and you would just enter your mobile phone and handset type and automatically get a text with the settings. SO annoying of O2!!!!!!

Thanks in advance
Julie

hmmm after doing some googling, I THINK I have fixed the problem. My only worry is I've now messed up my internet settings as I seem to have lost the "H" at the top of the 'phone. I have an E instead. The signal at work is quite bad, I often lose the 3G / H signal, so will check when I get home.

In the meantime - any thoughts on this and I'd be very grateful!!!

Normally the settings are automatic and o2 do support it as I had a wildfire on o2 before my Atrix :)

You can normally go to their website and send the settings you need to your phone and it will do both internet and mms

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom