HTC Touch Diamond - Discussion Thread

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The HTC Touch Diamond was unvelied today and looks to compete against the iPhone. The official press release is here. Also, check out the official site here.

The phone should be available in June.

HTC Touch Diamond Key Specifications
Size: 102 x 51 x 11.33mm
Weight: 110 g
Connectivity: WCDMA / HSPA: 900/2100MHz. HSDPA 7.2 Mbps and HSUPA
Operating system: Windows Mobile® 6.1 Professional
Display: 2.8-inch VGA touch screen
Camera: 3.2MP, with video calling
Internal memory: 4 GB Internal Storage, 256 MB flash, 192 MB RAM,
Bluetooth: 2.0 with EDR
Wireless: WiFi 802.11b/g
GPS: GPS/AGPS
Interface: HTC ExtUSBTM (mini-USB and audio jack in one; USB 2.0 High-Speed)
Battery: 900 mAh
Talk time: GSM: up to 4 hours
Standby time: GSM: up to 300 hours/100 hours with push email

Touch_Diamond_People_382x600.jpg

htc_touch_diamond_02.jpg

htc_touch_diamond_03.jpg

I've just seen that Gizmodo have a preview video up that's worth checking out too!

Lol @ T-mob

Its between the Sony Xperia and this for me

hard decisions as Sony not due till Sept and this is due June

Anyone know what prices T-mobile / O2 / Orange will be selling this with 18 month contracts?

When can we expect them to start advertising it?

Nice phone, glad T-Mobile are getting it too, but I'll probably hold out for the Xperia or the Raphael as I hate typing onto touchscreens.

This phone looks amazing and that's saying a lot as I hate Windows mobile OS. Not too keen on the back tho, doesn't seem to comfortable.

Have we got a definate date yet on t-mobile? Contracts up now but i'll probably wait for this before i upgrade. Will it do 'proper' tinternet? i.e. youtube etc?

Expansys have it on T-mobile but it is not network locked :) but that is if you go for a new Contract.

Apparently T-Mobile are rebranding their diamond to an MDA variant. Think it was stated on Engadget.

Why they don't keep the Diamond name is beyond me.

Have we got a definate date yet on t-mobile? Contracts up now but i'll probably wait for this before i upgrade. Will it do 'proper' tinternet? i.e. youtube etc?

Im in the same boat... i've been told June but i don't know if thats beginning, middle or end of the month.

Not too long to wait then. Very much looking forward to some user reviews of this one.

I'm waiting to see if the new iPhone is going to have all the bits it had missing 1st time round (mms, video recording, decent photo), otherwise I may give this a go. Looks great.

Im waiting on T-mobile to let me know when i can put my order in and i will get it. I'm very much looking forward to this phone.

GSM Arena has some more thoughts up from a recent preview.

An interesting thing about the stylus is that it's magnetic - the first magnetic stylus we've heard of and it really sounds like a cool feature. But wait, there's more. When the HTC Touch Diamond is in standby and you take out the stylus, the device automatically activates ready for your commands. And also if you happen to pull out the stylus during a call, the Notepad application automatically starts to make that much it easier for you to put down a note.

It's the little details...

Should i get one from expansys for £95 with a flext 35 contract or wait til tmobile get it a month later????
http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?i=168252
Would there be any drawbacks with getting a htc branded over the tmobile branded one?

What you reckon?

Should i get one from expansys for £95 with a flext 35 contract or wait til tmobile get it a month later????
Would there be any drawbacks with getting a htc branded over the tmobile branded one?

What you reckon?
I've looked into as well....

... If you are currently with T-mobile then you will loose you current mobile number, they won't keep it. I don't know why as you would be staying with the same provider, but for some reason they don't (according to them).

Also if you wait you might get it free or at a more reduced price instead of paying £95 for it.

Because of those two points i'm waiting till next month (i've had the same number for 10 years).

This phone looks amazing and that's saying a lot as I hate Windows mobile OS. Not too keen on the back tho, doesn't seem to comfortable.

The back of the phone is flat, it's just made to look, er, not flat :)

I bought a Touch Cruise back in January which I loved, until I left it in the back of a cab. I was going to replace it with another cruise but I'm going to wait for this one, mainly because of the size.

Depending on which website you look at the expected release date is either 9th or 16th June. I would guess early July though if the Touch Cruise launch is anything to go by.

What you reckon?

That dont look too bad its only 12 months, you can bet T-mobile will force you into an 18monther

This phone is potentially awesome but it's an absolute no-no for me for one reason and one reason alone: NO FLASH!!!!

A 3MP camera and no flash? What were they thinking?

Let's hope they address that in Raphael (Diamond Touch Pro)

That dont look too bad its only 12 months, you can bet T-mobile will force you into an 18monther

I'm on a 12 month contract with T-Mob at the moment, no "forcing" required to not go for 18 months, just an understanding that you won't get as good benefits and will have to pay more for the phone!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom