HTC Touch and Tomtom Navigator 6

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by mrflabby, Sep 16, 2007.

Tags:
  1. mrflabby

mrflabby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm going to buy an HTC Touch, which will be my first PDA. Could anybody please answer these two questions?

- Will I have to attach any piece of hardware to it to be able to use it as a GPS device with Tomtom Navigator 6 software? or does it include a GPS antenna?

- Is there much difference between using a stand alone GPS divice and a PDA?

Thanks!

2. nelliemcnell

nelliemcnell
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if you have found out your answer as it was a while ago that you posted, however the HTC Touch does not have built in GPS. I don't have any experience of connecting an external GPS reciever, so can't comment on that. Hope this helps a little.

3. Autopilot

Autopilot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,517
    You will need to use a bluetooth GPS reciever. TomTom can supply them with the software, but you might save some money buy buying the software only and getting your own BT receiver of eBay or somewhere. Just get one with a Sirf Star III chipset (thats what TomTom use too).

Not really, the interface is the same, uses the same maps and voices etc. The stand alone units are basically locked down custom pocket PC's anyway.