For Sale HTC One X (white, unlocked, 32gb)

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by Methanoid, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Methanoid

Methanoid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    In great condition, selling because I've got a new phone. Superb camera on this. On latest Jellybean Android.

Numerous pics here Note the first pic has a thumb print on the phone. All pics are at 13MP resolution so I can be as honest as possible about the great condition of the phone.

£170 delivered :smashin:

I have read the trading rules and agree to abide by them at all times until the transaction is concluded to the satisfaction of all parties involved : Yes.

[​IMG]
    --------------------------------------------------
    This message is automatically inserted in all classifieds forum threads.
    By replying to this thread you agree to abide by the trading rules detailed here.
    Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via PM to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:
    1) Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct too!
    2) Name and address including postcode
    3) Valid e-mail address (no disposable addresses such as @gmail or @yahoo for example).

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.
    Also we advise that the vendor post images of the items for sale. This helps your sale by showing the condition of the goods prior to dispatch.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  2. Wildkarrde

Wildkarrde
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,508
    Please upload a pic with your username here and today's date.
    PM when ready.

3. Wildkarrde

Wildkarrde
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,508
    Re-opened to allow pic upload.

4. bluejmc2005

bluejmc2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +250
    hi - is it boxed? does it come with charger etc? is the price negotiable?

5. Methanoid

Methanoid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Yes, boxed, yes charger, yes original unused headphones. All in excellent condition.

It would be pointless for me to say the price ISN'T negotiable but I am really loath to do so at this time as I think its a good price to shift it quickly at that price. So by all means pop an offer in... just don't expect me to jump at it today... Maybe next week if it doesn't sell I might think I have the price wrong! ;-)

6. bluejmc2005

bluejmc2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +250
    £160 delivered if you can send today/tomorrow :)

I'll learn to read one day -0 see you are not willing to reduce until next week, i need something sooner so I'm out. thanks for the quick replies :)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  7. gaahmad

gaahmad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi there. How old is the phone and does it come with the receipt/upgrade slip? Are there any marks/scratches anywhere on the phone and screen, it's hard to make out in the pics with a white phone! What's the screen Does the wifi work OK? Also, when making calls, how do find the (front) speaker volume on the phone, is it loud enough? I ask because some of these have problems with the (front) speaker and the speaker is not loud enough when making calls even when on full volume, especially when there's some noise in the background. Thanks.

8. Methanoid

Methanoid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    from memory its May 2012, pretty sure I still have receipt but warranty is expired now I believe.

As stated, its excellent condition. Yes, there are very small marks/nicks, but so fine as to be invisible to photograph. I took pics of screen off so you'd have a chance to see any but even at 13MP they dont show as they are so small.

WiFi works fine. Speaker works fine for me. Never heard of any issues with this phone and speaker.

I've nothing to hide. Hence the highest possible resolution and most photos. Its a good tidy phone. I don't call it mint cos franklY i have never seen ANY mint phone except when its brand new and I debate any second hand phone sold here as "mint" is really "mint". This is in excellent condition. That's of course only my opinion. I'm happy to try to take more photos if there is something you are particularly after checking?

9. gaahmad

gaahmad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi. I'd want the receipt with it as well, as I believe it has a 2 year warranty. I was asking about the condition because in pic no. 5 it looks like there're some scuffs on the back and side of the phone, so just wanted to clarify if these were scuffs or something else like dirt. I'm more worried about the speaker though, what volume level do you normally keep it on when making calls, e.g. half way, full? If you google htc one x speaker volume, you'll see that it's a common problem, some phones have this problem, but others don't. My old phone had this issue, but my colleague's at work doesn't have this issue, so it's a bit hit and miss! Thanks.

10. Methanoid

Methanoid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Pic 5 is a small scuff on corner. Where do you think you are seeing more on the back (cos there aren't)?

Speaker - I think I just left on max (I'm 47!) but really I have never noticed any issue with not hearing the thing. I googled and some people think they have quiet ones. I never thought mine was but I really dont understand what the "issue" might be. Mine works ;-)

You are correct its a 2 year warranty and I am confident I can find the receipt or some proof of purchase but am told it is out of warranty as its unlocked bootloader via HTCDev website (you need to if you ever want to put any custom rom on it). So I am selling it without warranty. That may worry you but I can state clearly that nothing is wrong with it. ALL WORKS!!

If you're not interested any more thats fine...:smashin:

11. Methanoid

Methanoid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
  12. mcnoiserdc

mcnoiserdc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    140£ offer here since the last one sold for that price?

13. Methanoid

Methanoid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I seem to recall you are supposed to provide a link for your comparisons? In any case, I can get that by walking into CEX and save on the postage ;)

14. mcnoiserdc

mcnoiserdc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
  15. gaahmad

gaahmad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi, sorry for the late reply. Thanks for confirming about the speaker. Yes it's the mark near the corner that I was talking about. Is there also one on the side, in pic no. 3? Rather than me having to look through all the pics (it's quite difficult with a white phone!) and find any marks, it would be easier for me if you could please just have a look once over and just describe it in your own words, as I didn't spot this one the last time I looked! Was there ever any network's branding/apps/splash screen etc. on the phone? What ROM does it have on it and is it easy to change/update the ROM or put it back to the stock ROM so that the warranty can be used again, as I'm not sure what more (useful) features that I'd actually use that you'd get with a newer ROM than the stock one. Does it make everything run faster than the HTC Sense? Thanks.

16. Methanoid

Methanoid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    The blemish on the corner is the only one I can see.

It has the stock Rom on it now. I don't think there was ever any branding (it was on Vodafone originally). I don't think you can ever relock the bootloader but in any case they have a record of you unlocking from HTCdev website so if they want to void warranty they can. As to what custom rom offers over stock, well generally de-odexing and de-bloating gives performance/battery boosts. I used to run a stock Android look (no Sense) which I'm told is snappier to respond.

A 7/10 phone with no pics.. Hmmmm still doesnt make it worthwhile to NOT take it to the High Street where £139 cash is given!

17. Methanoid

Methanoid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Price drop.. asking £160 now..

18. Methanoid

Methanoid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: