HTC One X Plus 64gb - MUSIC PLAYBACK PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Per156GTA, Feb 28, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Per156GTA

Per156GTA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +254
    Got my phone at the start of Jan - love the phone but it has started to develop some problems.

The problems are with music playback. Up until recently all was well but then it started to give stuttery music playback - as if it was a mechanical device that was skipping.

Thought it was the recordings - so deleted some albums and re-recorded them. Also have tried different formats - MP3, WMA etc and still problem playback.

Thought it could be failing headphones,so tried my wifes headphones but it played back the same - so not the headphones, not the recordings, not the choice of recording.

Seems it can only be down to the internal processor - the music is just 1's and 0's so can't be a hop or skip.

Anyone got any ideas what it could be before I go back to HTC and ship it off for checking. Can't have 64gb of memory and not be able to listen to music on it!

Hope someone has some ideas!!

Cheers

Per

2. Per156GTA

Per156GTA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +254
    No one?
    Was wondering if it might be the 3.5mm headphone socket - if I play music without headphones connected I don't get any issues!
    Could it be beats-audio causing the problem.

Please - anyone help??

3. bazonix

bazonix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    http://www.htconeforum.com/forum/htc-one-audio/553-htc-one-x-sound-problem-2.html

Hi Iv just recently developed the same problem.. I broke my aux lead recently but my new one arrived today! It's the only time I use the headphone socket on my HTC so I'll swap it over tonight. Then..

Try above especially fast boot option, try another player eg poweamp.. Check/uncheck usb debugging, clear data and cache from music and music enhancer app, always restart phone after messing..

Lmk how u get on :)

edit: my aux lead arrived damaged, no trial today after stripping half the dash trim.. but try what iv advised. ;)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  4. Per156GTA

Per156GTA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +254
    Cheers - have switched off the fast boot option. My USB debugging was off in any event. Will listen to some music on my journey to work Monday and see how it behaves.

Ta

5. Liam_G

Liam_G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Mine has exactly the same problem and it is only 6 weeks old!

6. Redline

Redline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +341
    Does it still have problems without any headphones connected? ie, just playing music through the phones speakers.
    I found on mine you had to push hard on the headphone socket to make a good connection.
    Music and movies play fine on my phone.
    Try different music player apps to see if that makes a difference.

7. Per156GTA

Per156GTA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +254
    Seems to be fixed now that I have turned off the fast boot option. Certainly hasn't behaved the same as it previously did. Wonder why that would or could cause problems though??