HTC One X owners - please can you check something!

vipergrm

I sent my phone back for repair about a month ago because I dropped it and broke the screen (doh!). The phone came back and appeared to be ok however, I've just noticed someting in the past few days...

There is a black rectangle shape gap under the glass at the top of the phone to the left of the HTC logo. I think this is perhaps the light sensor but mine looks like something is missing. It just doesn't look polished. Also, the front facing camera is shockingly bright to the point that it is completely unusable. Has anyone else found this? Perhaps the light sensor is broken?

limegreenzx

Banned
vipergrm said:
I sent my phone back for repair about a month ago because I dropped it and broke the screen (doh!). The phone came back and appeared to be ok however, I've just noticed someting in the past few days...

There is a black rectangle shape gap under the glass at the top of the phone to the left of the HTC logo. I think this is perhaps the light sensor but mine looks like something is missing. It just doesn't look polished. Also, the front facing camera is shockingly bright to the point that it is completely unusable. Has anyone else found this? Perhaps the light sensor is broken?
It is the light sensor, can barely see it in normal light. It is easy to test - turn display brightness to auto, use the phone in bright light then cover the sensor with you thumb. Screen brightness should dim in a couple of seconds.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom