HTC One repair center

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by MattHiggins, Feb 11, 2014.

Tags:
  1. MattHiggins

MattHiggins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Hey guys!

So my misses smashed her HTC One causing a crack down the 1 side of the screen and it worked for a while.

Last weekend it bit the dust, I think the backlight may have gone in the panel. You can still see the screen you just need to shine a very bright flash light onto the screen.

We rang up the Geek squad as they where the only company we could see who repair with official parts £170 bit of a sting but not to bad... Checked on the status of the repair "We cannot fix your phone" She has rang them and they have said there not allowed to touch or repair HTC's after February 5th?!

So... Next set is going direct to HTC does anyone know what there prices are like for a LCD Replacement?

Also side question... Before we sent the phone off we booted the phone up into "Recovery" by pressing the power an volume buttons, Which seemed to set the phone back to default settings. Would this wipe any data off the phone pictures/videos/music?

Appreciated any feedback :)

2. MattHiggins

MattHiggins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Update:

Phone was sent off to HTC Europe took around a week (Believe it may be in Poland?)

The cost of a LCD replacement was £134 with shipping, labour, material costs. (Which was cheaper then the Geek squad offered!)

Now the quality of the repair is the problem... The screen itself is fine...

[​IMG]
    (The white label was IMEI number sticker required before sending off)

It came back with a HUGE deep scratch... Contacted HTC who said they don't believe it was them?! Sent off a photo which I received the the reply "You could of got the image off Google" even with the IMEI number in shot lol

Sent off multiple photos with date time stamp, Name and signature printed, and a close up of the scratch going through the label which proved to them it was done during repair.

They finially accepted this and are repairing it under warrenty which is going to take 7 - 10 days! again left without a phone for a week.

Pretty poor customer services and repair service in my opinion.

3. Dialatech

Dialatech
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +92
    I sent my phone off last week to be repaired and im waiting for it to be delivered to me again but I have received trouble customer service from HTC. One of the guys I was talking to from HTC was on the phone 1 hour just trying to find my ticket number.