Question HTC One M8 stuck in bootloader mode

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Ayer, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Ayer

Ayer
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So I rooted my phone before and I wanted to unroot it back. I think I did something wrong and now my phone is stuck in the bootloader menu and I can't get it to boot. Also, it seems like it doesn't connect to the pc via usb because when I tried running the fastboot devices command in cmd nothing was found. Another thing I tried was the RUU but it just told me to check if my phone is connected.
    Please help guys I cannot use my phone at all and I tried almost everything to fix it !
    (If you need any other information just ask)

2. TechMinerUK

TechMinerUK
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When you connect your phone is fastboot mode what is it identified as in device manager, do you have the fastboot driver installed as many phones require a different driver to be installed for the various modes it can boot into.

Also what steps did you take to unroot the device, did you just restore a custom recovery backup image or did you perform a full flash to the stock factory firmware and stock recovery?

It may seem obvious but make sure you're using the original USB cable as even good alternative cables have been known to be "flaky" at times