HTC ONE M8 CAR DASH MOUNT ?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by ScottishThistle, Jun 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ScottishThistle

ScottishThistle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi, my woman was asking me to find out if I could try and get her a dash/windscreen mount for her HTC One M8 phone (it has 5 inch screen and an original HTC gel skin case to protect it).

The mount wont be used much at all, maybe a dozen times a year at most probably.

The idea is just that she wants to be able to use the mount to be able to turn the Skype app on on the phone and Video the view of the road ahead when driving so that she can show her friends etc exactly where she is and what's going on etc, so a bit of fun and I guess very handy for security too in a way.

I have seen some of the mounts I am talking about all over the internet, I don't wish to spend a great deal of money as the thing will only be getting used at most maybe once per month as I mentioned, so spending a lot of cash would be a waste of money, BUT saying that, the ones I have seen for like £2.99 etc look good, the reviews on them are a bit 50/50 though generally from people saying rubbish to brilliant, so its hard to say if any good, and another thing I noticed is that quite a few people say they shake a lot, so I would assume that would be terrible for using as a video camera mount then wouldn't it ???

Anyways, I have never owned one of these things and just hope that maybe someone has the ideal solution/suggestion for me please, thanks guys ? :)

(P.S, The mount can be stuck to the dash, windscreen or wherever is best, makes no difference to us as long as the phone camera has a good view of the road ahead, that's all).

2. ScottishThistle

ScottishThistle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    anyone ? :)

3. Largegreenman

Largegreenman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    ImageUploadedByAVForums1437203304.554996.jpg

I've been using the above for my iPhone 6+. It can be stuck direct to your dash. It also comes with circular 3M sticky pad which you fix to your dash then sucker the mount to if your dash isn't completely smooth. It's one of the best mounts I've used and the phone never feels like it's going to come loose.