• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HTC One Accessories - Whats good and whats not.

simplicity96

Distinguished Member
Ok so to start a thread to collect all the HTC one accessories together, see what people have tried and what to avoid etc. Here you can post anything you have found good for your HTC one or anything you are looking to get.

So to start im looking for a desktop dock for when I charge next to my bed at night. I had the Atrix previous with the official dock so got used to not having to mess with wires. Here are a couple ive seen

Genuine Timri® Desktop Charger Sync POD Dock for HTC One M7 | eBay

New Kula USB Cradle Dock Charger Sync for HTC One M7 801E Case Support | eBay

from what I can gather they are basically the same but without the name on one. Has anyone got a dock yet, if so which and is it any good? I see some lower profile ones but id guess stability being a problem then.

Also ive been looking at this case
Rock New Nakedshell Ultra Thin Shield Shell Cover Case for HTC One M7 | eBay

Im not a fan of cases but something slim like that might help protect my phone a little. To be honest though im not overly bothered. Im also looking for a screen protector but see lots and am not sure which ones are better..?

simplicity96

Distinguished Member
Ill have to take a look at that. I take it no one else likes docks besides me then :laugh: What else are people using with their ONE that others might find useful.

Moiizer

I do love a good desktop charger i won't lie :D

I'm waiting to see if anyone gets one first and see what they think :)

Simba

Distinguished Member
Media link anyone?

simplicity96

Distinguished Member
Had a look at it but don't think I'll have a use for it. Already have some form of pc linked to any display I have for streaming purposes.

simplicity96

Distinguished Member
Well I dont know about anyone else but I cant stand the wall chargers that have the usb directly into the rear. I prefer a top loaded usb plug so I bought one of these GENUINE HTC TC B270 USB MAINS CHARGER ADAPTER MICRO CABLE FOR HTC ONE M7 | eBay

I also have a clear hard case coming and now just to get a dock to make my life complete. Just cant decide which. I was hoping someone else may have had one by now...

pdauser92

I ordered one of these today:

[ame=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350760353186&var=620110603034]Desktop Phone Sync Dock Cradle Mount Holder Charger for HTC ONE ( M7 ) #ND | eBay[/ame]

It looks quite good for the price.

simplicity96

Distinguished Member
Let me know how that is mate please?. Still not sure what dock to get myself. Thought that one might have been a little low profile...

Simba

Distinguished Member
Had the Media Link but found that when using XBMC on the phone it tended to get pretty hot so sold the Media Link and now going down the Raspberry pi mode

Been streaming a movie for 1.5 hours and the temp hasn't gone over 38degrees. Just about warm to hold. Wouldn't say it's hot.

Well I dont know about anyone else but I cant stand the wall chargers that have the usb directly into the rear. I prefer a top loaded usb plug so I bought one of these GENUINE HTC TC B270 USB MAINS CHARGER ADAPTER MICRO CABLE FOR HTC ONE M7 | eBay

I also have a clear hard case coming and now just to get a dock to make my life complete. Just cant decide which. I was hoping someone else may have had one by now...

Same charger that comes with media link.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom