HTC Hero T-Mobile update now available for download

so thats why the site dont work. they finally got it out!!

I was beginning to wonder if it would ever see the light of day...

About bloody blooming time! Downloading now.

Quick question, is there any numbers in the settings that I should make a note of before trying the upgrade?

Well the update was painless, no hidden surprises or complications. Haven't come across any bugs yet and performance is noticeably quicker.
Some people have reported trouble installing some paid for apps from the market price. I can't test this because I am a tight git. :)

It wasn't an easy install for me, and I had to search around. Despite following the instructions as directed.

If after installing the Sync software and it wont work or recognise the phone, it is important to switch off the phone and take the battery out. On reboot, it should work.

So far, so good. All works well, it is as smooth as better and almost flawless. My only issue as it stand at the moment is the paid apps that wont work - well cant seem to find them in the market place. [This happened before when I changed from the G1. . . but it some how sorted itself a few weeks later]

I updated my HTC Hero with the modaco ROM a few weeks ago, and my phone has been fine. Any special reason for me to ditch that and go for the official T mobile upgrade?

I updated my HTC Hero with the modaco ROM a few weeks ago, and my phone has been fine. Any special reason for me to ditch that and go for the official T mobile upgrade?

None whatsoever. If you're happy with the custom one, I'd stick with it.

Since the update, getting HDSPA speeds is now almost impossible, even though I am right next to a t-mobile mast.

Downloading from the Apps isnot working either.

Can log into face book - sorta timed out -

I beleieve all of these are linked to lack of proper HSDPA connection. . . The phone is going back for replacement to be honest.:thumbsdow

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom