• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HTC Hero on Orange - Android 2.0

Per156GTA

OK, so Orange have been terrible at releasing the update of Android 2.0 for the Hero, so I downloaded the update a while back from HTC. Superb update - makes the phone so much better, BUT, and its a HUGE BIG BUT...my phone regularly defaults to the 'Headphone inserted' setting and its a major headache to get it out of the settinig - I switch it off, switch it on, pull out the battery etc probably half a dozen times in order to get it out of that mode.

I haven't got headphones inserted, don't use headphones so its a complete pain in the rear - clearly I can't hear any callers unless I have headphones plugged in and the ones I have are not the standard HTC ones with the microphone - they are better quality Sennheiser ones with no mic, so only good for music.

Is there a solution to this, other than a short sharp blow with a hammer!!!!!

I want to change my phone but I have 5 months on my contract still and I need to keep my number so I can't just get a new phone.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Per

JMWS

You could try rooting it and then using launcherpro. Alternatively a factory reset? .... just a thought, as I've yet to have any issues with my hero (on voda):smashin:

steve69

ive seen it on here somewhere that has had the same issue and it turned out to be something to do with water damage. dont know the fix to this but they said it was on google somewhere.
sorry this isnt much help.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom