htc hero help in setting up?

brian.w

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi guys i am a newbie to the htc hero,i just charged it and switch it on today and i am stuck on a few things,i suppose there be other things i am stuck with,but will pick them up as i go on,but if you have any hints or tips you can add that will help or make a difference then please post them up.

Well i have put in my sim card and i was wondering how i get my contacts from the sim card to the phone,what do i need to do or how does this work,i read somewhere about importing the stuff etc but cant get it to work,am i doing something wrong,very puzzled as to what i do here.

I click on the apps,or you tube etc and it says blocked,yes i am with t mobile incase you ask,it ask for a credit card,what is this for?to see if i am old enough to get,pay for some stuff?
im not sure if tmobile is down right now but when i try and enter the card details its not working,it says i can do online as well,but i see that is also down,so i try this later.

I see there is widgets and stuff whats that about?is this stuff i add to the phone as time goes on?

Do you or can you get all apps from the phone or are there ones to find only and more choice?
Do you pay for these or are most free?

I see my firmware is 1.5,is this the latest one,if not then what is the latest one,or when is the latest one out and what would that be?
what difference would a update be on the phone with what i have now?

Im not clued up with the wifi and my tmobile unlimited use,how do i know what i am using and when i am using one?i have wifi at home and so if i happened to be playing about with phone then i would like to be using that,and maybe when i am out and about and there is free wifi,but say there is places where i cant get wifi and need to use my tmobile unlimited use,how do i know i am using right one or is set up right?

im sure i have 101 more questions but these are for starters,also can someon list some recommended,must have apps to get or use with the phone once i am set up.

thanks

Hi,

I have just got the G2 Touch from T-mobile as well, the web bits worked straight away without any problems. Contact T-mobile to see if you have been setup correctly.

With regards to contacts are you sure that they are on your sim card as when I put my sim in it picked up the contacts under People automatically.

I had the vario before this and the contacts were stored on the phone. I synced with Outlook and then using the HTC Sync I syced Outlook to Hero.

Last edited:
my old phone was the n96 when i put my sim into the htc hero i have tried clicking on people no contact there,so how do i know if my contacts was on my old phone or sim and is it possible to go back to my n96 and put them on sim and then to my htc and how?

got the content lock sorted,had to call t mobile to remove it,as would not work on the phone or online,but still no idea as to how i am supposed to get my names and phone numbers/contacts from my sim.

Is it that they are only on my n96 and not sim?if so then how do i get them on to the sim from my n96 and would that then work if the sim is then put into my htc hero?

Hi Brian, deep breath :) its not hard Brian.

1: Export all your contacts to your simcard.

2: Insert yuor simcard into the hero.

3: Switch on htc hero with simcard that has all contacts.

4: Click on phone/people

5: Press menu

6: Click on people

7: Click on Menu

8: Click on Import

9: Select Simcard

10 IMPORT

Your done :0 :thumbsup:

For youtube etc only work wif your have wifi or have an internet bolt on with your service provider.

Hi Brian, deep breath :) its not hard Brian.

1: Export all your contacts to your simcard.

2: Insert yuor simcard into the hero.

3: Switch on htc hero with simcard that has all contacts.

4: Click on phone/people

5: Press menu

6: Click on people

7: Click on Menu

8: Click on Import

9: Select Simcard

10 IMPORT

Your done :0 :thumbsup:

when you say export all contacts to the sim card is this on my n96,if so where is this option on phone as i cant seem to find it,im sure i can work out how to do the rest just have no idea how to get my sim contacts to my hero and i am stuck on the first part.

nobody on here able to help me set up this phone,i have never had any problems in past phones i have had maybe cause this has so much to it,maybe i just set it up from the start wrong who knows.

maybe why i cant get my contacts on to the phone is cause they are not on my sim but on my phone??i have not got a great deal of contacts to put in my hero phone so would not take that long to enter them in from looking at my old phone.
I tried putting in some contacts but they are not showing up when i save them,weird,where are they going,i am asked phone or google have tried both.

On the sd card that comes with this phone,is there anything on this or is it blank?as i have a 8gb i put into my phone and thats got music,vids etc,but is there stuff on the one that came with phone?

I also have hotmail,aol email accounts i take i can set these up too?

when you get a message by txt is there a way to see when one comes,as i think its called a widget.

i also have facebook,do i set this up too.

also i am told i have from t mobile and i pay i think £5 each month for unlimited web and walk does this mean say i am not using the wifi then web and walk is what is being used and no matter how long i use it or what i use it on i will pay no more than my monthly bill.

All my past phones have never took me long to get my head around this one is a nightmare for me,nothing i try and sort out or do seems to work for me,any help on stuff to do and stuff to set up when first getting the phone would be great.

One think as a time i dont mind.

And a list of what can be set up and is usefull to have maybe i did not know you could do or use with this phone

Yes it is because your n96 stored the contacts on the phone, so they are not on the sim card. Put your sim card back into your n96 and then copy them to the sim. You'll have to check the manual for instructions on how to do this.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom