HTC HD7 v Desire HD

SteveTDCI

Established Member
Reaction score
I was always going to go for the iPhone 4 but after having a quick look at the HTC HD i've now changed my mind, why should i spend £300 on an iphone4 on contract when i can get either of the above free? so for those of you that have had a play with both versions is there any reason why one should be picked over the other?

I want to use it as a phone, searching the web and possibly as a controller for a Sonos system, i know they are almost identical seperated by the operating system mainly and whilst i was originally swaying towards the HD7 i'm now thinking the Desire HD might be the better choice.

The Desire HD would be the sensible choice in many, many ways. While Android itself is still developing and has a way to go, it's more mature, better supported, has a better catalogue of apps, better support from the user base and better add-on services, like HTC's Sense.

The HD7 looks fantastic, the software looks fantastic, it's quick, simple and efficient to use. It's really good. But... after the first day or so you start to notice the limitations. There are loads of guides and comments to WP7 so there is no point me going into detail here, but it could be a problem.

That said, for the things you list both phones can do it (phone, web, not sure about Sonos) but is that really all you do? No Apps? No games? No social networking? No email? ;)

Desire HD would be my recommendation out of those two.

Cheers Rob, yes i'll use some apps and possibly spotify, sat nav and email, i don't worry about social networking. I've looked at zune and the apps for windows. I'll probably go for the Desire HD i just need 02 to start listing them in the shops.

The HD is a rare beast in shops everywhere at the moment. I think I have one being delivered tomorrow from CPW, but I'm not holding my breath.

i'm in no rush, either side of crimbo will be fine. Thanks Rob, your still as helpful as the old days on FFOC (assuming i've guessed right :) )

You do indeed guess correctly mate... those were the days :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom