• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HTC Desire not connecting to Sony MEX-BT2700 (Considering iPhone4)

Dogboyslave

Standard Member
Hi guys,

Newbie here and posting because I need some quick answers regarding connecting a HTC Desire to a Sony MEX-BT2700 via Bluetooth.

The Desire isn't detecting that the BT2700 is there even though the phone is next to the unit.

I previously had an iPhone 3G which worked tremendously well with the unit. I would like to get the Desire working with the same effect.

Has anyone had any issues with connecting a Desire to this stereo unit? If somebody has managed to get it working, would you have any tips that I can try to get it going?

I've already done a reset of the BT2700. That didn't work. I'm going to try a reset of the phone tonight.

If I can't get it to work then it may be a case of buying the iPhone 4. Has anybody tried and tested the iPhone 4 with this unit too?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Ayub

Distinguished Member
Set the bluetooth on the htc desire to " discover" and it will work.
Android works a little diferent to Wm.

Desire

menu>settings>wireless and networks>bluetooth settings ( third one down DISCOVERABLE> it will work:)

Uridium

Distinguished Member
Agree it can work. I use my desire on both my BT2500 and my wife's BT2700. No issues at all.

(Just be aware that if you are running 2.2 Froyo that google navigation will pause music playback for voice instructions and then music playback annoyingly won't resume)

for the time being sadly the fix is to use a different music player...both mixzing and musicmod work well and don't suffer the same issue.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom