• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HTC Desire - MMS Generic Network Failure?

OoOGazOoO

Does anyone have any idea on how to get MMS working on HTC Desire (Tesco Mobile)?

I keep receiving MMS messages but there is a download error - 'generic network failure'.

I have tried deleting the APN and setting it up again, but it still doesnt download the MMS.

Thanks.

I too have the same problem with my desire regarding MMS,I'm on Vodafone but it's an 02 branded phone ,been told it's a sim connected problem(in my case anyhow).Seems to be a common problem(with desire Handsets). Will keep an eye on this .

Sorry for highjacking :smashin:

Does anyone have any idea on how to get MMS working on HTC Desire (Tesco Mobile)?

I keep receiving MMS messages but there is a download error - 'generic network failure'.

I have tried deleting the APN and setting it up again, but it still doesnt download the MMS.

Thanks.

Meant to ask ,is it a Tesco sim your using ?

sheffbird66

Standard Member

Thanks.

I had the same problem and i was told to switch off wifi, i did this and hey presto i was able to send and receive picture mms:thumbsup: worth a try, it could work for you too:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Johnny P

This issue has occured across all networks. It's a network problem rather than a handset problem.

I experienced it on T-Mobile. It basically prevents the phone automatically switching between the wifi connection and data connection. MMS messages are retrieved via the data connection, so it needs to activate and pull the message through.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom