For Sale HTC 10 - Rooted / S-Off / Oreo Build - Boxed

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by DownBringer, Apr 10, 2018.

1. DownBringer

DownBringer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    PRICE DROP TO £125.00

I'm selling my unlocked HTC 10 - purchased September 2016 from Very.com. Still has warranty left and I am happy to assist with warranty issues, should that occur. I still have the box for the phone, and will include the HTC QC 3 charger - but no longer have the headphones or usb-c cable.

The handset is near mint - it does have two marks, which I have attempted to show in the photographs. There is also marking around the USB-C port, but that is to be expected. Not certain as to how mark on the edge appeared, but I believe that to be as a result of a defect in a case.

The phone has been rooted and s-off via Sunshine, so it would be a great device for someone wanting to keep up with the latest Android builds without having to pay for a new handset every year. Although I would prefer that the device remain in it's current rooted position, I can return to stock Android 7, if the buyer would prefer.

Also included will be Spigen Rugged Armour case. The device has been in a case and had a screen protector on since purchase - which has been removed as it was starting to come up around the edges of the screen.

This is a great phone for anyone who enjoys listening to music via their headphones due to the high quality DAC - and the speaker set-up still rivals new flagship handsets on the market. This was considered the best Android phone of 2016.

I'm open to offers.

Price and currency: £160.00
    Delivery: Delivery cost is included within my country
    Payment method: PPG or BT
    Advertised elsewhere?: Not advertised elsewhere
    Prefer goods collected?: I have no preference

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  2. largeruk

largeruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Hi

Which specific model no. is the phone? Is this the 32 or 64gb model? You sure you don't have bundled hi-res earphones?

Thanks

3. DownBringer

DownBringer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    It's the 32GB model - but with a fast SD card, you can format external as internal in Android, and suffer next to no performance drop.

The headphones that were included unfortunately failed on me about a year in - I replaced them with a pair of NOCS NS500, which if I'm honest produced much better audio than the included headphones. They were good headphones for an included pair, but you can get better for a relatively low amount these days.

Edit: Added Device Status Screenshot

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  4. MylesUK

MylesUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    What battery life do you typically get from this, and are those marks on the display?

Thanks

5. DownBringer

DownBringer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    Dust and fingerprints - the screen is immaculate - it's just difficult to convey that via the photographs.

With regards to battery life, I was still getting amazing usage out of it, I've added a screenshot of the current battery usage and remaining time. From a full charge on a work day, with low to medium use, it will get me through the day with battery to spare. I would estimate that it's screen-on time is a good 5 hours, but it is very much dependant on what you're going to using the handset for. Mine is used for a lot of spotify and youtube - so it will effect battery life. I would argue that it still gives my new S9 a run for it's money.

Attached Files:

6. largeruk

largeruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Happy to make an offer. Before I do, can you confirm what version of Android the phone is running, what patches/updates it has and whether the rom is stock or unofficial?

Cheers

7. DownBringer

DownBringer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    It's currently running R136 LeeDrOiD 10 V5.1.0. So, not running stock android. I'll be updating it to the latest SVN R140 build over weekend, which has some further improvements. LeeDroid is the most popular ROM for the HTC 10 and rightfully so, I've used LeeDroid in all of my HTC devices going back to the M7.

Can I ask how familiar you are with custom firmware on Android devices? Although I'm happy to assist with warranty issues, I'm not going to be able to assist with technical difficulties you may encounter with running a modified device.

If you're unfamiliar with custom ROMs flashing Oreo firmware, ADB and fastboot, there will definitely be a learning curve to overcome.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  8. DownBringer

DownBringer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    Bump

9. DownBringer

DownBringer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    Bump - the phone will be put up for sale elsewhere as of tomorrow.

10. largeruk

largeruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    o_O
    Sorry for the delay in responding - life comes at you fast sometimeso_O.

I am familiar with rooting (usually with phone-specific bespoke tools) and installing custom firmware (usually with custom recovery software like TWRP) but will readily admit that my direct knowledge and use of ADB and fastboot is very limited.

I have also never owned an HTC phone. What do I need to know and what's specific to the HTC? Happy to learn but just want to know what I'd be getting into!

Cheers

11. DownBringer

DownBringer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    Honestly, if you've had experience with other phones, the process is basically the same. I would recommend checking out HTC 10 Forum on XDA Developers for guides on basically anything you could want to know specifically with the HTC 10. The community over on XDA is amazing, you'll find that any question you could possibly have, someone has asked and has been answered.

In terms of what you may need to know is how to update the base firmware (the actual hboot and radios) as HTC release new updates. This will need to be done in fastboot, but there are comprehensive guides on doing that.

I've paid for Sunshine, so the handset has been completed unlocked so you won't have any problems with incompatible ROMS. If you would like, I would be happy to make sure everything is updated before sending it out. That way, it should be usable immediately. If you would also prefer, I make the experience as Stock Android or Stock HTC as you would like. My preference is run as close to Stock Android.

12. largeruk

largeruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Again, apologies for the delay in responding. I think I might have a go at this if we can agree a price. Given the specs, would it much of an upgrade or not really on a LG G3 3gb/32gb?

13. DownBringer

DownBringer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    The LG G3 was released in 2014, the HTC 10 in 2016. The HTC is a couple of generations further along in the terms of specs. You should notice a significant speed increase. Plus an additional 1GB of RAM will aid with future proofing. For a comparison check out this link on Phone Arena.

14. largeruk

largeruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Yep - had pretty much come to the conclusion it's about speed. My biggest concern is the lack of a removable battery. I know this is now pretty much standard on most recent phones but I'm a heavy user and being able to carry spare batteries and not have to rely on portable power packs and/or sockets for a charger is a great bonus for me personally. What's the battery life for a heavy user like myself?

15. DownBringer

DownBringer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    I can't really say it would be dependant on how exhaustive the applications in use are. I would say screen on time is around 3-5 hours. But I'm not a particularly heavy user anymore. I would say for making the occasional call, playing some games, a lot of spotify, and some web browsing it gets me through my work day with ease. But your mileage may vary.

16. avbuyer

avbuyer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Sold?

17. DownBringer

DownBringer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    No, it's still available.

18. lalvani

lalvani
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    £120 collected in Oxford?

19. largeruk

largeruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Hi there

Just realised I never made an offer on this and should have. Sorry - things have been rather stressful. Can I offer £125 collected please? Happy to meet up in/near Oxford or anywhere that's between there and SW London. If that's not do-able/possible, then just let me know - I'm sure we can sort something out.

Many thanks

20. DownBringer

DownBringer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    Both of these offers are too low. Sunshine itself cost £25, so I'm afraid you'll not be accepting your offers.

21. largeruk

largeruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Hi

I do understand you've paid for the unlocking software. Actually, in this instance for several reasons, I'd prefer a phone that's been rooted. You said you were open to offers. How flexible are you on price?

Thanks

22. DownBringer

DownBringer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    Sorry I've not had a chance to get online a reply to you - it's been an absolutely hectic weekend and week so far. Given that the phone is boxed, rooted and I'm throwing in a case. Ideally I would not be willing to stretch below £150. However, since we have been discussing this for some time now, if you can reach £140, I'd be happy with that.

In terms of collection, I'll be in Oxford this weekend, but then probably not around for a couple weeks after that, as I think I'll be spending my weekends in the office for the next couple of weeks to get that sweet overtime pay :p

If you can't do it this weekend, then I'm happy to split the cost of RMSD with you, which would be £3.65 each.

23. largeruk

largeruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Hey

Thanks very much for getting back. Don't think I can make to Oxford this weekend (it worked last weekend as I would have been passing by) and to be honest £140 + postage is more than I've budgeted for which was £125 - hence my offer!

Having said all that, I don't want quibble over a few quid when we've both been pretty flexible so how about a final compromise of £135 incl RMSD - I can justify that; hopefully you can too!

Many thanks

24. DownBringer

DownBringer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    That works for me. Let's take this to PM.

25. largeruk

largeruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    PM sent :thumbsup:

26. largeruk

largeruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Update: Downbringer was busy over the weekend & replied to my PM yesterday (Mon). Payment was made yesterday lunchtime and notified by PM to DownBringer. Postage via RMSD was promised today (Tue). I have just PM'd Downbringer again as I've heard nothing since yesterday morning asking for an update. I trust all is ok but just posting this for transparency to mods.

27. DownBringer

DownBringer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    Payment received. Phone was sent out via RMSD today. Should be with by 1pm tomorrow.

28. largeruk

largeruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Phone arrived minus the case. DownBringer had already Pm'd this morning to say he forgot to include it and that he'd post on and I had replied asking him to do this asap. No reply as of yet.

I picked up the phone this evening from the Post Office and have just recently opened the package.

I have not yet had a chance to test the phone but I regret to say the screen is not 'immaculate' - there is a visible mark just above the display area and several faint marks that look like hairline scratches near the bottom of the screen. These marks/scratches are extremely difficult to capture on a photograph but are clearly visible to the naked eye.

I have managed to capture the mark just above the display screen area. This particular mark is very noticeable and distracting partly because of its location right at the top of your eyeline when looking at the screen.

I genuinely don't think I'm being 'picky' but I did expect a blemish-free screen from the description and sadly it's clearly not. I do understand we all have different standards & expectations, and perhaps you just didn't see them when you took the screen protector off.

Having said all that, I regret to say that I'm not happy and wish to return the phone to you for a full refund.

I have advised DownBringer of the above via PM, sent him a pic of the mark I have managed to capture on a photo, and am awaiting a reply. I'd be grateful if a mod could advise on protocol and procedure. Many thanks.

Attached Files:

29. largeruk

largeruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Update:

I have this morning managed to take some slightly better photos which show better what I'm talking about in terms of the marks near the top and bottom of the screen. The scratches near the bottom of the screen are impossible to photo but are there and visible.

I have PM's DownBringer with the pics and asked him to make contact so I can sort a return of the phone to him today.

Attached Files:

30. Litcan91

Litcan91

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I'm not a mod, but im sure the OP will come back to you shortly.

They did mention that they have a busy period at work, which may mean that the forum isn't checked daily.