1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HT600 or 100x5R ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by rosemanbridge, May 24, 2002.

1. rosemanbridge

rosemanbridge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I am looking at upgrading my power amp to either a Musical Fidelity HT600 or a TAGMcLaren 100 x 5 R. I use a Tag AV32R pre-amp with B&W P4 front and rear speakers. The Tag Amp obviously is linked via the TAGtronic bus to the AV32, but I understand the HT600 works to provide a less harsh sound with the P4's. I will demo both, but does anyone have experience or opinion of either amps ?

2. Matt F

Matt F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    There is review of the HT600 here:

http://www.smr-group.co.uk/reviews/musical_fidelity_03.html

Be warned - after reading it you won't want one!

The TAG is a fine amp - there are many others - some cheaper, some more expensive - you could start with the Myryad MA500, check out Rotel's RB1095, look at the Parasounds, the Linn 5125, the Tag and then the Bryston 9B which is probably the best of the lot.

Hope this helps.

Matt.

3. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    Tag, Bryston and Parasound are my favourites. In a different league to the 600 IMHO. I bought Tag. It works so damn well with AV32R tagtronics linked. Can also be upgarded. Bryston is pretty special as well.