Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

HT300 XTRA vs. Domino 30H

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Warpig, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Warpig

Warpig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know this question has been asked in this forum in different forms, but I am trying to compare these two projectors. I am setting up my first dedicated home theater room and have ordered the Domino 30H from my dealer. Recently, he said that he had a HT300 XTRA H available that has 21 hours on the lamp. He is asking a price difference of $1200 US dollars. Will I see a definite difference in picture quality between these two projectors? I will be using a Denon 3805 & Denon 3910. Thanks for you reply in advance.

2. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Warpig,

It depends on whether the 30H is the latest generation as it now has the HD2+ chip.
    The 300Xtra H has now been replaced by the 300E with the new DarkChip3 DMD and new Colour Management firmware which is definitely a step up from the 300Xtra and 30H, even the latest version.

Jeff :rtfm:

3. Warpig

Warpig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply. My budget doesn't allow for the 300E. If the 30H had the HD2+ chip would it comparable to the XTRA? Aren't there other differences between these two projectors? Assuming the 30H has the HD2 chip, would there be a large visual difference in PQ between it and the XTRA with the HD2+ chip? I need to find out from my dealer which chip the 30H has. Thanks.

4. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    The new 30H with the HD2+ chip comes very close to the 300Xtra in performance but the new 300E has moved the goalposts into the next field :)

Jeff :rtfm:

5. Edgeyboy

Edgeyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +168
    I saw the new 300E at the weekend in Manchester.

It looked very, very nice. Very natural picture. I did see the occasional rainbow, but they were much more subdued than normal and certainly wouldn't bother me and I am very fussy.

Oh, and the bikini babes cable clip looked okay too...

Tom.