HT300 Plus Wiggle

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Green Bay Randy, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Green Bay Randy

Green Bay Randy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just purchased a new HT300 Plus. Wow...what a picture. And I don't even have a screen yet

I only have my Direct TV signal fed to the proj via an s-video cable. It looks great considering the source. However, at random and quite frequently the picture wiggles for a 1/2 second. Just briefly. It is very prevelent with a static menu up such as the Direct TV guide or any of the proj menu's.

Any insight for me?

Randy
    Green Bay, WI

2. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Randy,

Do you get the same issue with say a DVD player ?
    Make sure you have not selected "VCR2" in the menu and also hit the "auto" button on the remote and see if that works.

Jeff :rtfm:

3. Green Bay Randy

Green Bay Randy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yup...did that. Checked all the VCR modes to see if any helped or not. Not really. I worked over the AUTO button as well.

I do not have anything else hooked to it just yet, but last night I pulled down the menu's and watched fairly closely. The Direct TV Guide began it's little wiggle, and the menu was stable.

I think I have a signal issue from my Direct TV box or cable.

4. Gary Nash

Gary Nash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I've found that PAL dvd material via s-video exhibits a wiggle towards the top of the picture.
    Switching the mode to vcr1 stabilises it.
    I can't see the difference between normal and vcr1 mode, so I leave it set to vcr1 for ntsc material as well.