1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ht300+ ...can`t really be this good,surely?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by tiberious, Feb 5, 2003.

1. tiberious

tiberious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently posted about my dissapointment with a demo I had of the HT300+ under the heading

"ht300+ ...can`t really be this bad,surely?

I have now had a good demo of this cracker and have amended the title accordingly.

I must thank Alan Roser at Owl for the considerable time he spent with me and my raft of "crap" dvds !!! - he was able to replicate my problem with "the thing" , clearly showing it to be an issue of the DVD player de interlacing ( it didn`t use the Faroudja !) not the Sim - which makes me even more angry because I specifically asked the salesperson at the first demo if he was feeding an interlaced or progressive signal , and was told it was interlaced. Crappy salesman = crappy demo.

Anyway , in short on an 8ft white screen (gain of 1.2/1.3 i think) I was staggered by how great the colours were - shadow detail was exceptional...... oh , and PLENTY bright enough !!!

This I am certain will be my next projector , and I think I`ll even go with a white screen - the demo was that impressive , I just want to replicate exactly what I saw in my own theatre !! (can I have that D-theater player please Alan - Oh, and better have that Bikini tape togo with it !!!.

I don`t want to open the war again that flared from my original post , I guess it`s "horses for courses" - but this Horse is getting a ht300+ !!

2. dc007

dc007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Hey, Tibs ! My old work colleague !

I demoed a HT300 last night (not the 'plus' model), coz they are knocking them out cheap now the plus has arrived...

Still not sure if its significantly superior to the 200DMF...

Both blew the socks off a rainbow-plagued Yammy, though...

3. tiberious

tiberious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I demoed the 300 about a year ago , and didnt think the Black level improvement was enough for me - the plus is for sure though !

Still the wheeler dealer then mate - how much they going for now ?

4. dc007

dc007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    The label says £7k.... but I reckon you can haggle....

Tell you what, though - the HT300 is quite a noisy bvgger.....

5. cine king

cine king

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tiberious,
    Before you shell out your cash,check out the Yamaha DPX1000 -if you import youll save 3/4 grand-and the picture is reckoned to be better.
    I demoed a 300PLUS against a Sony 12HT and bought the Sony-i.m.h.o.-a better picture all round-but if DLP is where your heart is,the Yamaha might be for you!

It might also be worth looking at the JVC DLA SX21 if you want to try DILA technology-also reckoned to be a cracker!!
    CK.:clap:

6. tiberious

tiberious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks cine king - I did look into the Yamaha - it would be neat to have the motorised lens offset - but it has been delayed so many times already , by the time it finally arrives I`m betting there will be another "new kid on the block" announced .

I`m not keen on buying "sight unseen" , and the throw is a little short for my needs - Still , for those with a little more time and patience, the Yamaha looks a real contender - just wonder why they have had to delay so long ......