1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HT250 question

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Jeff, Jul 4, 2001.

1. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    It looks like that with an HTPC you don't really need the DM bit of the HT200DM, but the 6 colour wheel is still an obvious benefit, so my question is; will the HT250 be updated with a 6 colour wheel? Seleco have already confirmed that there won't be a HT250DM.

Thanks,

Jeff

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,781
    Jeff,

I don't think they will. From what I can gather the DMD array and the colour wheel are linked. The 6 segment wheel only works with the DMD array in the HT200DM.

Gordon

3. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    The question should be "Will Texas Instruments produce a 1024x768 DM chip"

If the answer is yes then Sim2 (the new name for Seleco) will probably take advantage of this technology.

At the moment TI have other projects that they are developing, so don't hold your breath. If there is any news then it will be announced here.

Regards

4. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    Very interesting, not the answers I was expecting. The general thinking on the avscience forum is that the rgbrgb wheel is compatible with the current 1024x768 DMD. 2 posts that I have read claim that Seleco expect to change over to the 6 cholour wheel on the HT250 soon. One of the posts was from Alan Gouger.

My understanding is that the next DMD will be the 16:9 1360x768, this chip is already in use in very expensive RP DLP TV's. Sharp have announced a projector based on this DMD for release about September/October.

Thanks,

Jeff