ht1000

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by joe davis, Dec 12, 2002.

1. joe davis

joe davis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi i am going to upgrade my nec vt440 projector it has 300.1 contrast. upgrade to the nec ht1000. contrast 3000.1 awesome.

2. Branxx

Branxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Can yo recommend a dealer that can give a good demo?

3. Beamer

Beamer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi Branxx

This is a clip from the spec:

The HT1000 has a 4:3 panel, guaranteeing optimal picture display for TV, cinema films or video games in extra-large format. It is also just as easy to switch to 16:9 format for DVD films or HDTV.

Still interested?

BTW did you upgrade the Lex to V2.0?

Rgds
    Chris

4. Branxx

Branxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Beamer,

Nice hearing from you.

I did upgrade to Lex V2.0. Easy 20mins job. I had only one problem with v1.1 refusing to accept AC3 stream with pro-bit set to ON (as my sound comes from pro sound card). This is now resolved.

Come and see me when you a London next time. I got my setup now fully op (but may need some further tuning).

5. keyser

keyser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Joe,

let me know what you think of the HT1000 once you get it and if you see any rainbows.

6. joe davis

joe davis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi keyser

i will let you know some have seen rainbows on it.i will be looking
    for a demo in edinburgh. thanks joe.

7. rfield

rfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I've been looking at new DLP projectors for the last few weeks and also considered the HT1000.

After reading a US review, I managed to borrow an H55 Themescene for a few weeks and then heard about the HT1000. Because I was speccing a projector for a company AV system at the same time, I simply rang up NEC head office (it helps that they're about 3 miles away from where I live!) and asked if I could pop down and do a comparison between the two.

I expected to be completely gobsmacked by the HT1000 - unfortunately that didn't happen... When the two were projecting side by side it was easily apparent that the H55 was the better picture - and by a considerable margin. The NEC tech tried to alter the HT1000 within the menus (even rang NEC head office to speak to the head tech) to get it to the same picture level but was unable to.

Incidentally, they were both hooked up to a Denon 2800 DVD player, and we tried the picture through RGB, 480p component, 480i (to try the projector on-board deinterlacers) and S-Video.

The main differences on the NEC were lower contrast levels (yes, even on the supposed 3000:1 ratio!) - the colour levels were also less accurate - especially red - and they weren't as vivid. The picture also seemed slightly less focused on the NEC.

The only thing that the NEC had in it's favour at the end of the day was the sound level - on ECO mode it was extremely quiet (although I think one'd have to be in a very darkened room for it to be watchable).

Regarding the alleged 3000:1 contrast ratio on the NEC - no idea. I can only say that I'm sure it's possible to do anything you want with numbers and figures if you try hard enough.

Anyway, needless to say I went out and purchased the Optoma - as did a colleague that came with me to the demo - and they weren't even looking to buy a projector :/

Price-wise, the two projectors are identical - although Linn Audio (they've licensed the H55 from Optoma) don't like people selling their equipment at less than RRP, it's easy enough with a bit of ingenuity to find one.

Anyway, if anyone wants any further info, just ask!

Oh, and to address one of the post questions, rainbows are visible on both - although far less than the 1st gen DLP projectors like the SIM200 (which I skipped for that very reason).

Rupert

8. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    Hi rfield,

which NEC office was this?

I'd like to get a demo of the HT1000, but had been told there weren't going to be any official models in the UK until January.

Cheers.

9. rfield

rfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Gary,
    it was the main NEC projector HQ in Acton, London.

If you PM me, I'll give you the contact details of the office and person I went to see. Ask them to put on the Winnie the Pooh DVD they use for demos - it's a classic :)

Rupert