Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

HT1000, RGB and a PAL Xbox

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by spanx, Oct 15, 2003.

1. spanx

spanx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI guys,

I hooked my PAL Xbox up to my HT1000 for the first time last night via the SCART->RGB connector in the box. I've configured the pj to accept the SCART signal, and I have the official Microsoft Advanced SCART cable. Everything seemed fine.

However, I get a strange intermitent flickering, where the picture flickers to a darker image. It doesn't happen regularly however. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Rgds,
    Steve

2. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,721
    Yes - a few people both here and in Europe have seen it, and it seems to vary from source to source. Not sure if the latest firmware fixes it or not.

I spoke to NEC UK, and they weren't aware of it, but were willing to take my machine in to look at it. They use a high end Pioneer DVD player via scart and don't see the interference, but I've seen it from a few different players. My Alba doesn't seem to do it though.

I got the impression NEC didn't believe me, but if you ring them, then they may start to take note of the problem. See what they have to say. Try here for their phone number:

http://www.nec.co.uk/findus.asp

HTH

Gary.